chapter six - pretty skies

his head was spinning, and his body was strangely achy when he finally laid down in bed. hyunjin had just dropped him off after getting ice cream. the day was long, but not enough to make felix feel this *bad.* he would just sleep it off, he told himself.

but of course, sleeping wasn't easy either. felix never slept very well at night. no mater how tired he was, something would always be keeping him up. so he would be stuck tired laying in bed but unable to completely fall asleep. music helped. not to make him fall asleep. but to keep him company while he was in bed, alone with his thoughts.

tonight, like many nights before, his thoughts were full of a certain pink haired boy.

why was he keeping up the act of dating felix? why did felix not mind it? did the other boy grab his hand because he called him pretty? or was it just part the act? why did it matter so much to felix? why did felix feel so weird when hari was smiling at hyunjin?

questions ran through felix's mind, and then he considered the car ride back to his place from the ice cream parlor. he kept questioning hyunjin's actions and the way he behaved but also his own feelings. all this thinking created a confusing whirlwind of thoughts, only making the pounding of his head worse.

"i'm going crazy.." felix whispered to himself, breathless for some reason. he got up out of bed, despite his body screaming at him to lay back down, and went into his kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. maybe he longed for the comforting warmth, or maybe he was hoping the chamomile would finally work to put him to sleep. either way, something worked because once he was done with it, he laid back in bed and finally got the repose he sought.

but just as quickly as he closed his eyes, he opened them to sunlight shining through his blinds and onto his eyes. he squinted as he awoke. the new day had come, but, oh my god, why was his body rejecting him right now? he sat up and immediately regretted his decision. he felt like someone stuck a stake into his right eye and through to his brain. not to mention his body was stupidly sore. he groaned and gently laid back down.

"i'm sorry for the late notice, but i don't think i can come into work today. i've gotten sick. i'll ask someone to cover my shift today." - felix

"okay. get well soon, felix." - mr. park (work)

who should he ask? he didn't know his coworkers schedules very well except seungmin, who he was friends with before getting the job there. actually seungmin was the one who recommended felix to mr. park and got him the job. they were long time friends from high school since their families were close. felix thought that seungmin would surely be busy today. it was his day off, so he probably had plans.

felix sighed in defeat when his head continued pounding. it wouldn't hurt to just ask right?

"minnie.." - felix

"yes" - seungminnie🤍

"i'm sick :c" - felix

"oh no" - seungminnie🤍

"do you need me to come by?" - seungminnie🤍

"no" - felix

"but" - felix

"do you think you can go in for my shift today?🙏🏼" - felix

"i know it's your day off i'm sorryㅠㅠ" - felix

"ahh" - seungminnie🤍

"don't worry felix" - seungminnie🤍

"i'm not busy today" - seungminnie🤍

"thank you soso much, min💙" - felix

"yeah yeah" seungminnie🤍

"you owe me." - seungminnie🤍