chapter five - mint choco

hyunjin and felix both continued their shifts. their encounters with the museum cafe girl, who hyunjin now knew to be hari, lingering in their minds. the odds that she would end up in both their stores were so slim and yet somehow it happened. it's not like the museum was nearby, how was it that she was here of all places? felix tried not to think of it too much as he was cleaning and preparing to close shop. just as he locked the back doors, he received a call from a seo changbin.

"hey binnie, what's up?" felix held the phone between his shoulder and his ear, his hand occupied with gathering his things.

"yongbok," he heard over the phone, "can you bring me medicine and soup? i don't even know what happened, but i'm really sick and i don't think i can get it for myself." felix sighed and retrieved the phone into his hand before answering.

"sure, i'll be there in, like, half an hour."

"okay, thank y-" felix hung up before changbin could finish. he felt bad for a second. it's not like changbin got sick on purpose. but he couldn't help but feel annoyed that he wouldn't be able to be with hyunjin tonight. he brushed off the thought. why did it matter? he sees him all the time. it's quite literally not a big deal. felix didn't want to notice that he increasingly felt like he wanted to be with hyunjin more and more. as much as possible. to be as close to him as possible. no. it's normal to want to be around friends.

"hey hyun" - felix

"i actually can't eat out again with you tonight" - felix

"i know i'm the one that asked you. i'm so sorryㅠㅠ" - felix

"ahh it's okay" - hyunnie🥟

"everything okay? i can still just drive you home if you need." - hyunnie🥟

"everything's okay don't worry" - felix

"no need to drive me either! finish your shift well and get home safe💙" - felix

"okay, be safe! call me if you need anything❣️" - hyunnie🥟

felix sighed again and shoved his phone into his pocket before locking the front store doors and walking down the street. he passed by the cafe and saw hyunjin through the glass wall, wiping down a table. his hair tucked behind his ear on one side, and his sleeves rolled up just above his elbows. felix didn't even realize he stopped to stare. he stood there for a short while, watching and smiling without even knowing. it wasn't until his phone buzzed again that he snapped out of his trance.

"by the way" - strong seo💪🏼

"please get me a soup with meat broth🙏🏼" - strong seo💪🏼

felix chuckled at his friend. of course, even in his illest moments, seo changbin craves meat. felix took one last glance at hyunjin before continuing on his way to the convenience store.

~

"thanks felix," changbin smiled at felix as he finished off his bowl of soup. felix had indeed gotten the medicine from the convenience store, but the one he went to didn't have meat broth soup. if he hadn't met the sweet lady from the kimbap place on the way back to changbin's and conversed with her about his soupy circumstance, he wouldn't have been able to supply changbin with the delicious recovery meal. thinking about it again, felix made a mental note to thank the store owner somehow when he was able to meet her again.

"feeling any better yet?" felix asked changbin as he check his temperature again. "still no fever, so you should be fine after a good rest now."

"the soup made me feel a lot better. thanks for getting everything for me. seriously i think i would've died if you didn't." changbin's expression was so serious that felix couldn't stop himself from letting out a loud laugh. "hey, why are you laughing?! i'm being so serious right now!" changbin said, trying to keep a straight face.