Chapter Eleven: Confession

I am terribly sorry I didn't post this chapter sooner, I've had a major writers block on this chapter... It also didn't help that everything seemed to be spinning out of control. But anyhow, enjoy the new chapter.

-Kaiyla

Chapter Eleven: Confession

“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life of which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” -1 Timothy 6:12

“Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” –Deuteronomy 3:22

Arabella’s P.O.V.

“I-I, I need to go…” Arabella told him and darted off toward the trees and darkness.

            “Wait!” He called out following after her, but she didn’t stop running. As she entered the forests she felt a sense of comfort by the thick branches blocking his view of her. “I don’t even know your name…” She heard him shout out in confusion.

            She frowned at that part. She was thankful for his kindness, but with tonight’s attack she was still shaken up and with her past with men, she’d never let one in.

When she arrived at her house she felt an awful vibe coming from it. Like something lurked in the shadows, even as the house looked deserted. But when she saw her dad’s truck parked in the driveway she knew he was home. She hoped he was fast asleep as she entered through the door. Holding her breath as she heard it creak open, she breathed out a sigh as she closed the door behind her.

            As she turned she felt a coarse hand come over her mouth and another around her middle. “Make one sound and you’ll wish you never did.” He instructed moving her farther into the house. Unhurried she nodded her head, feeling a tear come down her cheek.

Tyler’s P.O.V.

The next morning Tyler woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon, smiling he got out of bed and began descending down the stairs and into the kitchen. His mother was behind the stove flipping the bacon over, while his father sat at the dining room table coffee in one hand and the newspaper in the other. As he approached, his father looked up at him. “Good morning, how did you sleep?” He asked nudging his head towards Tyler’s white gauzed wrapped hands, taking a sip of his black coffee.

            Pulling a chair out from the table Tyler sat down across from his father, “Fine,” he replied in a monotone voice. Still sleepy, he attempted to rub his eyes, but failed miserably. Earning him a small chuckle from his mother, who placed a plate full of eggs and bacon in front of him and his father. “Honey, I don’t think it’d be wise for you to try and rub your eyes… At least with them wrapped up like they are now.”

            Sighing, he knew she was right. “Well don’t wait up for me,” She told them going back into the kitchen, “Dig in!” Dad just chuckled telling his mother thanks for the wonderful food, then bowed his head in prayer. Tyler followed his example, and bowed his head as well, thanking God for the food and for another day to search for Arabella, and then quickly dug into the food with his dad.

After breakfast, Tyler’s parents wanted to talk to him more about what happened last night, concerned for the girl he saved. “Well, I still think you should go to the police station and report what happened.” His mother Clair pleaded with Tyler and his father. “I agree with your mother, even if you don’t really have names or descriptions of the girl and the other boy. It should still be reported. What that boy tried to do was wrong; you don’t take advantage of a girl.”

            “Yeah, I know,” Tyler told them with a frown. “I just wish I knew who they were… Well I guess I better get dressed and head to the police station.” He told them getting up and dashed up the stairs to get a shower and dressed. Looking out the window, he saw that the weather looked quite nice. The sun shown threw his bed room window and the sky was as blue as could be, not a cloud in sight. With this he chose to wear a grey t-shirt and dark jean pants and headed into the bathroom.