Chapter Eight: Save and Sound

Hey you guys! I'm sooo soo so sorry I haven't uploaded since like forever (Feb.) school as just been really keeping me busy. And it wasn't helping that I had this huge case of writers block on this story. But now that schools out I have a ton more time to write, which make me happy. Because I hated not being able to write. I hope you guys like the chapter, this was probably by far the hardest chapter I've had to write out of the whole story. Enjoy!

-Kaiyla

PS. Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks!

Chapter Eight: Safe and Sound

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” –Psalm 18:2

“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” –Psalm 34:18

“That this is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever.” –Psalm 48:14

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” -1 John 1:9

Arabella’s P.O.V.

When the final bell rang dismissing everyone from school Arabella was quick to her feet grabbing her bag. She all but ran to meet Zoe by her locker. “Hey,” Zoe called out waving as Arabella came to a sudden stop in front of Zoe’s locker. Zoe laughed, “You ready?” Arabella gave a swift nod happily, knowing she wouldn’t have to face home for another night.

            “Alright well let’s get out of here,” And with that she slammed her locker shut and swung her backpack in place. “That sounds like a plan,” She commented, walking down the loud hallways.

            “Should we stop at Fox’s for pizza or should we just order in when we get back to my place?” Zoe asked, deep in thought. “Hum, we’re going right past it, so I say we just stop and grab the pizza then head back to your place.”

            “Alright to Fox’s we go!” She shouted cheerfully.

            Arabella smiled and followed Zoe to her car, weary of brother Steven seeing her. She was almost positive if he saw her, he’d tell their father… The outcome wouldn’t be pleasant, that she knew.. She could picture it now: he’d march up Zoe’s steps to her front door and bang on it. Yelling for his daughter to come out, and maybe even claim that they had kidnapped her in some sort of way. Then when he had his hands on her, she was sure to be punished…

            “Ara? Arabella? Hello?” She heard someone call her. She turned her head to the side to find Zoe with a concerned looking face.  “Oh, sorry.” She muttered, feeling a light blush rise to her cheeks in embarrassment. “I guess I got lost in my own little world.”

            Zoe laughed and shrugged it off, “Well come on, we’ve got a pizza to get.”

            Smiling I opened the passenger side door and slid in, as Zoe turned the radio on some pop radio station.

Zoe’s P.O.V.

            As Arabella and her walked out of the school she noticed Steven looking their way. She gave him a cold look that said stay away, or else. He must have seen it, because he shook his head and turned his attention back to his friends.

            But when Zoe looked at Arabella behind her, she noticed that she had spaced out. “Ara?” Zoe called softly hoping she didn’t see Steven, and that was the reason she was acting the way she was. “Arabella?” She asked a little louder. Nothing. “Hello?” She called; finally Arabella turned her head to face her. A light blush stained her cheeks, as she muttered “Oh, sorry.” Turning her head up a bit more, she stated “I guess I got lost in my own little world.”