Chapter Ten: Need

Hey you guys, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while it's been one crazy busy summer. I had been part of the staff for Creation Fest at the end of June, then after that I went on a missions trip to Philly, PA to work with M-Fuge, and most recently I just got back from a missions trip from West Virginia this past Thursday morning (3am), then between that all I've focused on getting summer assignements done and helping out with my churches youth.

-Kaiyla

ps. Enjoy!

Chapter Ten: Need

“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” –Exodus 14:14

“You will be protected from lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes.” –Job 5:21

“He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waved of the sea were hushed.” –Psalms 107:29

Tyler’s P.O.V.

Walking down a small path between neighboring houses Tyler began to slow his breathing from his run earlier. The night was quiet and calm until he heard someone yell out “…Let me go!” The voice he noted sounded strained as if in pain. Feeling his heart sink in he looked around him for the panicked voice.

            Black. That’s all he could see in the unlit area. Quickening his pace down the path he came upon a faint light a few houses over.

            “Please!” He heard the voice whimper. With the faint light becoming clearer he dashed towards the lit house. As he neared the house he could heard earsplitting music coming from inside. Which Tyler didn’t understand, how he could have heard the voice which was barely louder than a normal spoken voice, but yet he couldn’t hear the piercing music…

            “I don’t think so princess,” Tyler heard another voice say. A cold shiver ran down his back, as he distinguished the kind of voice it had been. “Please,” the first voice whimpered again. Next to the house now he could make out two shadows near the trees in the back of the yard.

            Sprinting over to the shadows his heart fell as he saw it was a guy attacking a girl. Her hands had been raised over her head as the guy crushed his body against her smashing his lips all along her neck line.

            Then he snapped. Tyler ripped the guy off of the girl and began throwing punches at the guy. He wasn’t sure how long he’d punched the attacker, but when he stopped the attacker laid limp on the ground. His chest slowly rose up and down indicating he was still alive. Thankful he didn’t kill the guy, but got his point across not to attack a girl again he turned around to the girl he saved.

            She was on the ground with her hands behind her back holding herself up and her legs were sprawled out like she’d just fallen. Her eyes were wide open and wouldn’t leave his face as if she were afraid she was next.

            Slowly Tyler crouched down to her level and began whispering cooing words to her. “I’m not going to hurt you. You’re okay now. Nothing bad is going to happen.” He’d tell her until he finally was right beside her tears ran down her cheeks. As she cried heavily he carefully moved her so he could cradle her in his chest in a comforting way. “Shh. Shh.” He whispered rubbing her back as her tears soaked his t-shirt.

            It must have been a good ten minutes until she stopped and looked up at him with swollen red eyes. “Thank you,” She whispered stuffy from all her crying. Looking down at her he gave her a squeeze and whispered, “Your welcome.”

            Steadily he began to stand up; once he stood at his true height he bent down offering his hand to the girl. She looked at it for a while as if debating whether or not to take it. But cautiously she took it and he raised her to her feet.

             “I-I, I need to go…” She told him and darted off toward the trees and darkness.

            “Wait!” He called out following after her, but stopped as he came to the trees edge unable to see her anymore. “I don’t even know your name…” He told the trees with a baffled look. Running his hand threw his hair he turned around and began his journey home.

            As he opened the front door he heard his mom move around the kitchen island to stand in front of him. “Where on earth have you been young man?” She asked concerned.

            “Hum…” He began, raising his hand to run threw his hair again; a nervous habit; when his mom gasped. “What happened to your hands?” She asked carefully grabbing them. “Hum,” He said again not knowing where to start. “Tyler Jacob Harris you tell me this instant what happened to your hands?” His mother Clair fumed.

            “What’s going on here?” Tyler heard his dad come down the stairs to the two of them. “Tyler why is your mother yelling? Hum?” He asked, as he became closer, until his eyes zeroed in on his bruised hands too. “Tyler,” He looked at his hand, “What is this all about?”

            “It’s nothing.” He said trying to calm them down.

            “It sure as heck isn’t nothing!” His mother exclaimed. “Your mother is right Tyler. Tell us what happened.”

            “Well I was on my way back from my run when I heard a girl cry out for help. So I followed the voice until I came upon a man and a girl… He. He was attacking her. And I, I just lost it and I ripped the guy from her and I began throwing punches at him.” Tyler told his parent’s ashamed of what he’d done to the man.

            “Tyler…” He dad said, appalled.

            “I know it was wrong of me to act that way but I couldn’t think of anything else I could do…”

            “What about the girl?” His mother asked with a worried tone.

            “She cried for a while in my arms and then when I helped her up she told me she had to go and ran off into the trees. I ran after her until I got to the trees, but I couldn’t see her anywhere. So I turned around and began walking home.” He explained still angry at himself for letting her get away like that. What if she was hurt? Or lost?

            “Son, you did the best you could have for her. It’s not your fault.” His dad told him, patting him on his back. “Now let’s get those hands wrapped up.”

It wasn’t until he crawled into bed that night that he realized he was part of a miracle. He would have never heard the voice on his own, God opened his ears to her cries.

______________________________________________________________________

Hope you all liked it. Vote, comment, and fan! Thanks!