Chapter Five: The Search (Part 2)

Hey you guys here's part two! Enjoy! And down't forget to comment, vote, and fan!!!!

-Kaiyla

Chapter Five: The Search (Part 2)

Arabella’s P.O.V.

Arabella wasn’t but a foot or so from the school door when she realized someone other than the staff was already there. She stared dumbfounded as a boy she’d never seen walk through the hall looking lost as his eyes seemed to wonder around the colorful walls. With him so close she didn’t dare go inside, instead she toke one last look at the boy… His brown hair was cut short and his black backpack hung low against his back. And then turn away hastily as she realized he was about to turn around hiding behind the brick covering. 

            Once she was to the side she knelt down and made her way over to play group on the one end of the school. She never really understood why the school seemed to think that the high school needed a playground when they didn’t give them recess. But hey, why not she guessed.

            The day seemed to have gotten a little warmer as she sat on the swing set, and then pushed off. She felt her hair fall in her face as the wind whipped it. Her hair was strawberry blond laying a little past her shoulders, though her eyes were crystal blue staring at the sky.

            It wasn’t until she heard the honking of cars and the chatting of people that school was about to start. She uneasily got of the swing and made her way into the school, which in her head would lead her with nothing but judgment from others looks. They couldn’t understand why she always wore long sleeves and jeans. Preferably dark ones too; they tended to hide the marks better and herself. It drew no need attention to her, which is what she wanted. If so many people were looking at her by now they would see that she was hurting in some way.

            Someday she’d think to herself she’d be free from this pain… Even if she didn’t have a lot of money whatever money she did by the time she’d finish school she was leaving. She wouldn’t give this place one last look, nothing was keeping her here. Her brother and dad surely wouldn’t care right? Or would they miss their favorite punching bag? She thought sarcastically, and winced at the thought.

            Her backpack was in her locker like it always was; she never brought it home just in case, besides at home there was no time for school. She’d do all her homework during her free block and after school in a corner of the library. Once she was done she’d walk back to her lock and put her stuff back in and walk home.

            Once she came to her locker she opened it on the second try as her hands shook. When opened she looked at herself in the mirror she kept in her locker. Her hair was windblown, her eyes had large bags under them, and her cheek was still a little red from Friday night. She sighed and pulled out her brush and ran it through her tangled hair. With little luck she might pass for a normal loner. As to her depressed loner status the school had given her along with the names like: loser, emo, druggie, and much more.

            When people would call her those things she’d always wonder why they’d say such mean things, as if though she didn’t deal with enough pain. Sometimes she’d think about taking her life just to escape the bleeding heart of hers. But then she’d think of her mom, she wouldn’t have wanted that for her. She’d want her to be happy.

            Br-ring! The bell from above rang, calling a warning to all the students that they had five minutes to get to class before they were late. Arabella sighed, grabbing her bag and slammed her locker shut walking to her first block. Math, she thought bitterly. Whoever came up with it wanted to punish or bore the later generations.

            She made it with a little time to spare and snatched a seat in the back where no one would sit with her, that she was sure. Her classmates around her were buzzing with the latest drama and news about the new kid who was named Tyler Harris. Evidently he was the new doctors son who’d come from Virginia. He was a junior and was hot as all get out from what the girls were saying as they’d bat their eye lashes dreamily. While the guys would girl the girls some glares, mostly if so girl was their girlfriend.

            Class had started but five minutes in someone came knocking at the door. Arabella’s body tensed what if her father was at the door or someone that was going to tell her that her father wanted to see her for some reason. When the door opened she slid down in her chair a little, hoping not to be seen when a young man came in.

            He seemed a lot like the guy she saw earlier this morning with short brown hair, he must be the new kid she thought writing him off. And let her body relax letting out a sigh of relief.

Tyler’s P.O.V.

Okay so much for coming early to try and find my way around, he thought as he walked down the main hall again for the tenth time. He swore he was somehow going around in circles or maybe his first class was fake. Either way he couldn’t find it.

            Sighing, he looked down at the map he’d gotten from the office this morning and tried looking for his first class again.

            Five minutes later the class he’d been looking for came into view and he almost felt the need to run towards it. Yes! He cried in victory in his head, he’d found the class.

            He politely knocked on the door and then opened it. Better late than never, he chuckled to himself as the teacher Mr. Nathan looked angry. He was dressed in a blue dress shirt and black slacks, his grayish black hair lay limp on his head and his green eyes scolded as Tyler walked in.

            “I’m sorry I’m late… I got lost.” He told the teacher calmly.

            He heard the class laugh; at least they think it’s funny. But the teacher didn’t even blink, “Hum, I suppose your Mr. Harris than?”

            Nodding, Tyler mumbled a ‘yes.’

            “Very well,” The teacher said. “Since you were late please take a seat by Ms. Williams. Ms. Williams raise your hand.” She did, “Well go on.” He nodded towards her.

            She looked to be very bubbly, wearing a pink shirt that said girl power and some jeans. When he toke his seat next to her, she smiled. “Hey I’m Casey!” In a shushed tone so the teacher wouldn’t hear. “I think you know mine, but if not I’m Tyler.”

            “Nice to meet you,” she said in her bubbly tone. When she opened her mouth to say something else she was stopped when Mr. Nathan asked if she had something to tell the whole class. She muttered a no, as her cheeks flamed a bright red.

            Tyler just smiled, fighting the urge to laugh.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you guys for being such great fans! Enjoy!!!!!!! =D

-Kaiyla