Chapter Seven: Family

I'm sooo sooo sooo sorry it took me two months to write this... It shall not happen again. But here it is what you've all been waiting for Chapter Seven. Thank you everyone for your support! Enjoy!

-Kaiyla

Chapter Seven: Family

“Now if anyone does not provide for his own relatives, and especially for his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever” -1 Timothy 5:8

“And fathers, don’t stir up anger in your children, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord” -Ephesians 6:4

“Teach a youth about the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it” -Proverbs 22:6

“Children, obey your parents in everything, for this is pleasing in the Lord” -Colossians 3:20

Arabella’s P.O.V.

Arabella sluggishly made it over to the closest bathroom with the help of Zoe’s support around her waist. “Come on,” Zoe whispered to her. Once inside the door Zoe lowered her softly to the ground.

            “I’ll be right back, stay here. Okay?” Powerless she gave a small nod. A second later she heard the bathroom door slam shut and the pounding of someone’s feet as they ran, Zoe’s… Time seemed to have passed slowly, but the tears never ceased.

            About five minutes had passed until Zoe came running in out of breath locking the door behind her. In her hands was now a bright pink bag, her makeup bag. Zoe knelt down beside her, “Come on Ara, I need your help. We’re going to get you cleaned up.” And with that she stretched out her hand, Arabella gladly took it and was risen from the floor.

            Once on her feet she was taken over to the mirror… She didn’t even look like herself. Now her face was sickly pale with tear stains on her cheeks and of course now the black mark on her left cheek. Seeing what he had done to her, she quickly brought her hands up to cover her face. Letting out the tears once again.

            “Shh, shh…” Zoe called, “Everything will be alright.” Wrapping her into a hug and rubbing her back in a soothing motion. Arabella lifted her head, tears streamed down her now red face. The place where her brother had struck she was sure wouldn’t start to fade until next week. “Why’d you have to see that…” She mumbled barely above a whisper removing her hands.

            “I’m not sure, but I’d glad I was there. I would have hated to have found out what he would have done if I hadn’t come..” Zoe stated sadly, she just nodded in agreement not wanting to think about it either.

            “Why didn’t you tell me?” Zoe asked hurt.

            “To be honest I was afraid…”

            “Afraid of what?” Zoe asked angrily.

            “Afraid of what they’d do to me…”

            “They?” She shouted. “You mean it’s not just Steven?”

            Biting her tongue, Zoe waited on Arabella’s answer.

            “No, it’s not just Steven… My father too,” Arabella whispered ashamed. She felt weak for not being able to stop them… For letting them hurt and break her like they did.

            “Arabella don’t you dare think this was your fault.” Zoe told her sturdy. “Now come on, let’s get you cleaned up.” With that Zoe grabbed some paper towels from the side and then began to dip them into the water and brought them to Arabella’s face. The tears and the little make-up she had found to hide the bruises from before were now gently being wiped off, showing what was really there.

            A gasp came from Zoe’s lips…

            In a flash Arabella’s hands were over her face, hiding it from Zoe. “Sh-sh, it’s okay well fix it.” Zoe called, removing Arabella’s hands.

When Zoe finished cleaning her up, she looked into the mirror to see a girl with glassy blue eyes, and a black and blue cheek. It wasn’t too bad yet, thought just the slightest touch ached. She’d be able to make up some excuse on why her cheek was bruised right? Like a ball hit her in gym class… Yes, that’s it, a ball in gym.

            “I’m not done,” Zoe called as Arabella was beginning to get fidgety. Lunch was sure to be over soon anyways. Pulling out her pink bag Zoe began putting on some foundation to hide the mark, then added some blush giving Arabella some color on her cheeks. Which hide the black mark really well. “There all done!” She cried out with a smile.

            “Thank you!” Arabella called out giving her friend a hug. “You’re welcome! Oh, and by the way you’re coming back to my place after school.” Knowing Zoe wouldn’t take a no for an answer she gave her a swift nod. “Alright now that that’s settled we might just want to head back to class…” BRR-ING! BRING! “I rest my case.” She quickly finished with a laugh. “Lol, yeah so much for lunch,” Arabella commented. “It’s okay we’ll just order some pizza when we get to my place.

            “Yay!” She called out.

            Laughing the two forgot about what happened only thirty minutes ago and skipped down the hall not caring what anyone thought.

_______________________________________________________________________________

It's not every long but I want to know if you guys think the next chapter should be in Arabella's or Tyler's point of view...? Thanks again! Don't forget to comment, vote, and fan if you haven't already.