Chapter Two: A Girl Named Arabella

Tyler Harris’s P.O.V.

Tyler sat down on the edge of his bed, looking around his new room; a dark brown dresser stood on the other side of his bed, with a desk beside it. He had some band posters up along with this stereo playing ‘Skillet’ in the background. He had just moved to a small town of Boswell, Pennsylvania. His dad had gotten an offer to work at their hospital in Somerset; which was just a little ways out. But my dad didn’t just take it because they offered it, or because they desperately needed another doctor, but because God had told him he needed to be here. And Tyler felt it too.

            He got up off of his bed and walked over to his desk where his bible was and picked it up, walking back to his bed. Along the way he turned off his stereo, then sat on his bed again and opened his bible. He turned first to 1 John 4:8 “Anyone who does not know love does not know God, for God is love.”

            He sat for a minute letting the words really sink in. God is love, he thought, flipping to the next page. 1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”No fear in love, so no fear in God, besides what would God have to fear of? He was greater than any of us. Tyler told himself reading on down the page, letting every word soak in.

            “We love because he loved us first.” 1 John 4:19; that is so true, he thought, glad that God had loved him, and well everyone. God is holy, eternal, all-powerful, all-knowing, just and kind. Their truly isn’t a soul more superior than Him.

            Tyler flipped to a different book looking at 1 Corinthians, one of his all time favorite book. “So know faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthian 13:13. Love, he thought. He had never been in love, well except for loving God, but he wanted a love that he could see and hold, if that wasn’t too much to ask for. But in time, He the father would for fill his needs. Tyler just had to wait.

            “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away...” 1 Corinthians 13: 4-13. Love is patient and kind, he thought, he would just have to wait, not worrying about the future, he had to live in the present.

            Tyler looked at one more, before he’d get down on his knees to pray and speak with God. “Let all that you do be done in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14.

            “God,” Tyler spoke addressing the Lord of Heaven above. “I know you want me to help out something or someone here, but I don’t know what. Help me understand what you want me to do, because I will follow your commands in love. You love us o’ Lord so much and I feel the least we could do is listen and love you back. Follow your words of wisdom and truth. Help me,” Tyler said to Him, and just then God spoke to him.

            “Tyler you are to discover and love Arabella.” Then his words died off, leaving him puzzled to whom Arabella was. But he would do as the great Lord above told him; he would locate and love Arabella.

That night Tyler had a strange dream, one that was too vivid not to be real. There was a girl crying in her bed, covers over her body as she convulsive with what looked to be fear. Was this the girl he was supposed to find? Tyler thought, in his sleep. He looked back at the girl, he saw that she was bruised and beaten, but why? He wanted to know, who could do such a thing? Her strawberry blond hair was tangled all around her face and her scared blue eye open wide with fear, as the tears dripped down her cheeks.

            He had to help her, he thought; somehow, he was going to find her.