Chapter 1- Training

Clove Kentwell's POV
The reaping is so soon! 1 day till my possible death. Yes, I'm volunteering. I have been training my whole life for this. Speaking of which, I'm at training right now.
I'm great at at throwing a knives, I never miss. I always use the knives, but I should learn other techniques to help with my survival.

As I head over to the archery section, I bump into someone. "Watch where you're-" I start. "Oh! Cato, hi!" It's my one and only best friend, Cato Hadley. "Hi Clovers. How's it going?" Yes, he has a ton of nicknames for me. "1. Don't call me that. 2. Good thanks, you?" "1. You know you love it!" I blush. "Ha! Your blushing Clovers! And 2. I'm great. Finally taking a break from knives are we?" "Shut it Cato." I send a playful glare his way. "Anyway Cato, the reaping is tomorrow. You volunteering?" "Of course. My whole life I have prepared for this. Are you volunteering?" "Yes.." I say quietly, knowing only one of us can make it out alive. "Aww, Clovers c'mere. Chances are, someone else will kill us, we both know we won't kill each other unless we absolutely must. It's together or not at all, right?" His words slightly comforted me, as I hugged him tighter saying, "Together or not at all." I know I look weak right now, but I rarely ever let anyone see this side of me. I'm gonna be a Career. I HAVE to be strong and intimidating. It's actually really stressful having to go to the arena, knowing if you win, many will hate you. And if you lose you will bring sadness and disappointment to your District. I think it's especially hard for us Careers, as we have to act tough, and not show our true feelings.

Suddenly I feel someone shaking my shoulders. "Clovers? You okay? You've been zoned out for the past 5 minutes." Says Cato worriedly. "Oh! Yeah, I'm fine thanks Cato, just thinking. Let's go to the archery." "We're going to something that's not knives? Who are you and what did you do to Clove?" "Shush Cato!" I say playfully rolling my eyes.

Archery is actually quite easy. After a few hours, I finally get the hang of it, and get a bullseye every time. I still prefer knives though.
After a while, our trainers, Jackson and Melanie, tell us to go home as they're locking up. I'm looking forward to going home. I can get snacks! ( ;) ) "Author! I'm not talking about Cato. We've gone through this. I, Clove Kentwell, never had and never will like anyone. I'm not starting now." (Sure Clove sure..) I roll my eyes at the Author. Anyways! So I can get a BANANA. My mother left when I was young. I have two older brothers, Alexander and Liam. They're nice. Alexander AND Liam won the Hunger Games. I know there's supposed to be a girl mentor, but I kinda wanna have my brothers as mentors. My Dad was lucky enough to never be chosen for the Hunger Games.

District 2 is one of the favoured districts. Obviously District 1 is the favourite, and District 12 the least favourite. We are quite rich compared to some. So, we're the second favourite and the second richest. Quite rich if you ask me. We have a trade centre, where we trade foods, fabrics, anything really. Our district is almost like it's split in two. There is a poorer part, but still rich, and then there's a richer part, about as wealthy as the poorer ones in District 1. I'm suddenly snapped out of my thoughts as I spot my house right in front of me. It's white, with a wooden porch, and big windows. I walked into the kitchen to get water and a BANANA. (🙄 you still like him 'Clovers') "I don't!! Shut it Author." ANYWAY. It had two relatively modern chandeliers, a marble island and comfy bar chairs. I walk over to the fridge and get a bottle of water and a BANANA. (Still no Cato? Ugh. You think he's a snack, right?) "Eww no Author! He's my best friend, nothing more nothing less. For the THIRD TIME, shut it PLEASE." Thinking about the Games makes me feel good. It's an honour to be in them. I don't get why other districts hate the Hunger Games so much. Anyway. (Why do you say 'anyway' so much?) "I don't know author! It's force of habit." The reaping is tomorrow. I better get some sleep to prepare for tomorrow's excitement.
~~~~~
End of chapter 1!
Do you like the chats between me and Clove? This book will go slowly, as I will redo this chapter but in Cato's POV. Should I not do that? Give me suggestions! I'm gonna start on chapter 2 right now! Be ready for it because the first Cato POV is coming your way!
Goodbye readers!
Smiley0913 :)