Chapter 3 - Hand to Hand Combat

T.W - slight fluff
Clove's POV
I had just arrived at my room when I heard a knock on my window. I quickly look out and see Cato grinning at me through the window. I opened it for him and let him in. "Are you okay? Do you need something?" (Yes, he wants to do hand to hand combat with you so you can jump on his waist!) "Shut it Author." Cato and I said at the same time. (Well you wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for me) "AUTHOR!!" Cato and I shouted at the same time. "But, I can teach you hand to hand combat, and sparring, and you could teach me about plants, and teach me how to throw knives. You in? Melanie and Jackson always leave a door unlocked so people who want to train really hard can get in." Cato said with a hint of hopefulness in his voice. "Sure I'm in." I say cheerfully. We snuck out of the window and walked to the Training Centre in a comfortable silence.

When we arrived, I had to fight the urge to go to the knives. "Awww, is little Clovers fighting the urge to go to the knives?" He teased me in a baby voice. "Shush, Cato." I say in a fake-angry voice. I go to lightly smack his chest, but he catches my wrist and pulls me into his chest. My face crashes right into it. "Not even up to my collar bone, shortie, AND you're done growing. You're only two years younger." He says laughing at my shortness. "Maybe you're just really tall, giant." I mumble into his chest. "Your nickname for me is giant?" "Yes, it describes you. You tower over me, and you're like, twice the size of me. Your muscles are huge, Cato." I say, blushing when I said his muscles were huge. "You think my muscles are huge?" I go red as a tomato. Then Cato laughs. He picks me up with so much ease and throws me over his shoulder as I squeal. "Gosh, Clovers! You're so light!" He says in shock. "I'm 100 pounds Cato! That's heavy!" "Heavy? No! I'm 185 pounds! So you're light and short!" He says with a small smile. "Cato! I'm 15 almost 16, 5'4", and 100 pounds. That's average for my age!" I argue. "Well, I'm 17 turning 18, 6'2", and 185 pounds! I don't know what that has to do anything, but we need to stop wasting time, let's do hand to hand combat." Cato says suddenly realizing the time. "I can't really do anything if I'm thrown over your shoulder." I say struggling against him. He sets me down laughing. "Let's get started." We say.

Neither of us use full power as we don't want to hurt each other. I quickly try to lightly kick him on his side, but he catches my leg and flips me over.

Cato's POV
I quickly notice Clove trying to lightly kick my side. I catch he foot and flip her over. I speedily take off my shirt because I'm getting hot. She gets up and stares. Then she pulls off her top leaving her in her sports bra and leggings. Now it's my turn to stare. While I'm distracted, she tried to lightly punch me, but I deflect it. I try to softly punch her, but she dodges it and runs behind me and jumps onto my back. I quickly bring her around so she's still latched onto my waist but she's facing me. Then I go to a wall and press her against it. "Now you've got to escape or I win." I say with a sly smirk, pushing her harder against the wall. "What if I want to stay like this?" She says with a smirk. I look at her confused. She slightly squeezes my neck, causing me to loosen my grip on her. She drops to the ground and stands up again. She pushes me to the ground and tries to keep me down there. Unfortunately for her, she is not strong enough. I roll us over and pin her to the ground. "Not so smug now, are we, Clovers?" I say feeling proud. She smiles a genuine smile from under me.

Then she wraps her arms and legs around me and pulls me closer to her. Then she proceeds to bury her face in my chest. I smile. "I don't wanna kill you, Cato. I don't wanna come home without you, I don't want you to come home without me. If you die, I want to die too." She says with so much sadness, I want to cry. "Aww, Clovers, remember it's together or not at all. If you die, I wanna die. We won't come back unless we come back together." I stand up pulling her with me, and just hug her tight, lifting her up slightly before setting her down.

Without warning, I start tickling her to cheer her up and make her laugh. She starts squealing. She tried to run, but I have a firm grip on her waist. Eventually I let go, and we change getting ready to go home.

As soon as he comes out, I walk over to her and pick her up, throwing her over my shoulder. (Why do you have an obsession with picking Clove up?) "Yeah, giant, why do you have an obsession with picking me up?" Clove asks with a small smile. "I don't know, it's just so funny to hear your squeal. It's so adorable, honestly." I say truthfully.

And with that, I walked out of the Training Centre with Clove thrown over my shoulder.

As soon as I got her home, I dumped her on the bed and just stared at her. "Hello? Earth to Cato? You ok? You should probably get home and get some sleep, the reaping is tomorrow." "Sorry! Got last in a trance! Goodbye, see you tomorrow shortie!"

~~~~~~~
Hello! That's the end of Chapter 3!! Did you enjoy it? I won't be uploading from tomorrow onwards until Monday, as it's the Easter weekend :) hope you all have a great Easter!
Smiley0913