Chapter 6- Meeting the Mentors

Clove's POV
Cato and I walk over to the lounge room and sit in the beige chairs, as we wait for our mentors to come in. We sit in a comfortable silence.

A few minutes later, the door opens and in comes Eurovine and- "XANDER!!! LI!!!" I scream. I run over and hug them both tight. "You know them?" Asks Eurovine questionably. "They're my older brothers, Eurovine." "Ahhh. That's a nice little reunion then." Says Eurovine. I hum in response. "Hello Alexander, Liam." Greets Cato. "Hello Cato. Call us Xander and Li. You're family." Li kindly says.

"We know your specialities. Clove, knives. Cato, swords and sparring." We want the both of you to learn new skills. Not just weaponry, survival skills too, such as tying knots, setting up snares, being able to tell poisonous berries from harmless ones. Exposure can kill just as easily as weapons." Explained Xander. "Also, make allies, definitely 1, maybe 4. If the 4 tributes are anything like Finnick Odair, make allies with them. You've seen his games haven't you? Also make sure, you could make allies with 11 and 12, if they're good. Never miss an opportunity." Li adds. "Good advice, and yes we've seen Odair's games. We watched them together, remember?" I answered. "Oh yes, I remember!" Remembers Cato, who was speaking for the first time in a while.

"We'll finish this talk later, we're arriving at the Capitol tomorrow, the tributes need sleep." Interjects Eurovine. "Yes. Eurovine's right." Inputs Xander. "Good night, Cato, goodnight Clove. They both say parting Cato on the back, and kissing me on the top of my head. "Night Eurovine." Cato and I say as not to be rude. "Night tributes." Replies Eurovine.

When we reach our rooms, Cato catches my wrist. He looks and my eyes before pulling me into a hug. "Goodnight Clovers." He says softly. "Goodnight Giant." I reply with the same amount of softness.

~~~~~
Sorry for such a short chapter... anyways. Are you enjoying it?

Bye!
-Smiley0913