Chapter 8- The Tribhte Parade

Clove's POV
I sat on the uncomfortable bed for five minutes when I heard the door opening. In walked a tall man, with brunette hair and bright green eyes. He also had tan skin. "Hi, my name is Giovanni, and I will be you stylist in this years Games." He said. "Cool. I'm Clove."

"So, I was thinking. I know your District is Masonry, but I want to show power too. My partner, Gianna, and I have decided and designed you both a costume to make you look strong." "Great. Thanks. Turn the other way, if you don't mind, Giovanni." Giovanni nodded and turned around.

I put on this turtle neck top, but it was gold, and metal. It had these metal golden leaves on it. Next I put on this golden skirt, that was not metal, but silk. Then, I put on a band gold headband thingy on my head that had some wings made of golden metal feathers coming out of it. Finally, I put on a gold silk band around my left bicep, then I was done. I was a gladiator.

I told Giovanni he could turn around, and when he did, he smiled from ear to ear. "You look beautiful Clove." He commented. "Now. When you're out in the carriage, no smiling. Heads up, look at everyone as if they're below you. Only look ahead." Giovanni added. I nodded.

Two minutes later, we were out by the carriages. I went to our carriage where I saw Cato. "Hi Giant." I greeted. "Hiya shortie." He replied. "Did Gianna tell you about being tough?" I question. "She sure did." Came Cato's reply a few moments later. Cato then helped me up onto the carriage. We face District One's carriage, o find the girl, Glimmer I think?, glaring at me. I had just enough time to roll my eyes at her before their carriage started moving. We followed a few seconds later. People were screaming and cheering, but I just looked straight ahead. Gosh, I got hit in the head with a rose. These people are crazy. A few seconds later, I could no longer hear the screams and cheers of our names. Their attention was behind us.

I looked at a screen in front of me. It was District 12. They were on fire, their hands in an embrace in the air. One of the girl's hands was clutching a rose. Anger bubbled inside of me. WE should be the ones looking spectacular. Not District 12. I kept my face straight and looking ahead, during President Snow's speech.

As soon as we got to our floor, I went to the couch and started punching the soft, blue, velvet cushions on it.