Chapter 2 - Training

Cato's POV
The reaping is TOMORROW! I'd like to say I'm not nervous, but then I'd be lying, and mom said to not lie. Clovers and I share a birthday. July 6th. Two days after the reaping. She turns 16 and I turn 18. 2 years between us.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when someone crashed into me. "Watch where you're-" they started. "Oh! Cato, hi!" It's just my best friend Clove, or as I call her, Clovers. "Hi Clovers, how's it going?" I love calling her that as I know it annoys her. "1. Don't call me that. 2. Good thanks, you?" She says. "1. You know you love it." I say with a smug smirk. Clovers blushes. "Ha! You're blushing Clovers! And 2. I'm great. Finally taking a break from knives are we?" I say with that same smug smirk. "Shut it, Cato." She said playfully glaring at me. "Anyway, Cato, the reaping is tomorrow. Are you volunteering?" She asks me. "Of course! My whole life I have prepared for this! Are you volunteering?" "Yes.." she says quietly. My mood is immediately dampened. "Aww, Clovers, c'mere. Chances are, someone else will kill us, and we both know we won't kill each other unless we absolutely must. It's together or not at all, right?" I say hugging her tight. "Together or not at all." She says into my chest, hugging me tighter still.

I stand there for five minutes hugging Clovers. Then I pull away and shake her shoulders. "Clovers? You okay? You've been zoned out for the passes five minutes!" I ask her worriedly. "Oh! Yeah, I'm okay thanks, Cato, just thinking. Let's go to the Archery." "We're going to something that's not knives? Who are you and what have you done to Clove?" "Shush Cato." She says playfully rolling her eyes.

Archery is easier than I thought. I get a bullseye every time. I may survive after all. I prefer hand to hand combat and sparring though. Maybe Clovers could teach me how to throw knives and I could teach her hand to hand combat and sparring. (Is that just so she can jump on your waist, Cato?) "NO AUTHOR! It's so we can survive!" I say blushing like a tomato. Then our trainers, Jackson and Melanie, told us to leave as they were locking up. So, of course, Clove and I left and went our separate ways.

As I walked home, I got lost in my thoughts. My life could be over by, I dunno, the bloodbath, but Careers always survive the first day, so at least I'll live longer than some, I hope.
Sparring and hand to hand combat are fun. Maybe Author was right. (Heh heh heh.. knew it) "AGH! I forgot you could hear me all the time." But Clovers wouldn't like me right? I don't even like her, so I? No, no I don't. (NOOO) "You know, Author, there's this thing called, I dunno if you've heard of it, but it's called privacy?" (Bishhhh) "Heh heh heh..."
I finally arrive at my house, with it's cream walls and white porch.
I go to the kitchen, where I see my family. My mom died giving birth to me. My dad is there, and my little sister Kayla, is also there. I say a quick 'hi' and get my water bottle and look around and see it's two modern chandeliers, and all white, well everything. I walk out the front door and head to Clovers' house.
~~~~~
That brings us to the end of chapter two! I am going to scrap the idea of doing a chapter twice, but two different POV's, as it's annoying to write the same thing. I hope you guys don't mind. If there's a scene I think might be interesting to have in both POV's then I'll do so in the same chapter.
Anyway! How's the book so far? I have some ideas for chapter 3, I think you'll enjoy it! I wouldn't say it's fluff, but close to it I guess. I won't give anything away! I won't upload again today, I'll try to upload tomorrow, but I won't upload on the Easter weekend as it's a time for friends and family. Goodbye!
Smiley0913