⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 3﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 3
𓂃 𖥔 chaos and chem tutors 𖥔 𓂃⌗

my eyes slowly opened, but the light forced them shut again. I groaned lightly and brought a heavy hand up to sheild my eyes.

"ooh, ok, sweetie. let's be gently," the soothing voice of our school nurse reached my ears.

I blinked through the pain and sat myself up, hissing from the pain in my ribs.

"you might ache a little sweetie. you would've taken quite the tumble if it wasn't for mr hopper!" she chuckled as she passed me an ice pack. I placed it on my head and sighed at the cool relief it gave me.

"mr hopper? vance?" I asked.

"mhm! according to mr yamada, mr hopper caught you before you hit the ground and brought you straight here! had to speak for him, too, as mr yamada would not stop his rambling!" she chuckled again and started filling out paperwork. "couldn't get a singular string of words out! hm!"

vance brought me here? why would he do that? must've been sympathy. pity.

"thank you, nurse o'hare, I'm feeling a lot better now," I said with a smile as I swung my legs over the side of the cot.

"oh! take this with you!" she pressed a cold, plastic water bottle into my hand. "we have to be sure to drink in this hot weather, sweetie. of course, you passed out from dehydration."

oh. right.

"oh, yes! i'll remember to drink. thank you, nurse o'hare!" I waved her goodbye as I left to find my bag and head home.

***

I came home to lots of yelling and adrenaline instantly filled my body. I found gwen huddled between the two sofas with fearful tears spilling down her cheeks. as she spotted me, she ran up to me and enveloped me in a tight hug.

"baby, you need to tell me what's going on." I held her back and crouched to her level.

"dad's got finney," she managed to sniffle out.

"shit." I ran over to the kitchen and held onto the door frame as I swung my body around it. I gasped and stumbled back a little at what I saw.

finney's face was bruised, his right eye was swollen and his lip was split. his knees had buckled beneath him and dad held him up with a strong grip on his jaw. dad's belt lay discarded beside his feet and I noticed dad's bloody knuckles as he pointed finney in his face and screamed at him. my own knuckles turned white as I gripped the door frame in fear and watched tears run down finney's poor face.

"dad! let him go!" I screamed.

"shut the fuck up, y/n!" as dad faced his face to me, I noticed how red he'd become from yelling. "if this bitch wants to argue with me, I'll show him an argument."

I ran at dad, pulling on his arm to try and wrench him off of my brother.

"let him go! let him go! let him go!" I felt tears spill down my face as I weakly beat my fists on dad's shoulder.