⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 39﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 39
𓂃 𖥔 party mayhem 𖥔 𓂃⌗

TW: racist cops,
ik that y/n is greek and they are one of the 'lighter races' and she's not black, but back in the 70s, cops were racist to ANYONE that wasn't white. I'd just like to say that before anyone comes at me

I lay numbly in vance's bed, his red sheets tucked to my nose as I stared at his wall. for once in my life, my brain was silent. it was as if it had been turned off.

"okaaay... i've got you that instant ramen you like and some chips... hey, you awake?" I hardly flinched at the sound of vance's voice. I hummed in response, letting him know i'm awake. "better be hungry then."

I heard him set the tray down on his desk before his face came into my view, his hand brushing a few stray hairs from my face.

"baby?" he whispered, but I stayed silent.

I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to speak to anyone. not even him. moaning slightly, I moved to turn my face into his red pillow. he sighed and stood up, walking around the bed and climbing in behind me. his arm wrapped around my waist and his face pressed into the junction between my shoulder and my neck before he began placing gentle kisses there.

"finney and gwen call every day. they miss you." he murmured. "it's been over a week, y/n-"

"he's still there." I cut him off and he sighed. my voice was hoarse from lack of use and the tears I had shed.

"terrence or stelios?" he asked softly after a moment and I took a second to think.

"both," I end up replying and he sighed again.

"you'll have to face them soon," I didn't reply to his words, letting them hang in the air. "right, come on, we're gonna eat something. it's been a couple days and you're gonna develop an iron deficiency if you keep going this way."

I only groaned weakly when he rolled me over and helped me sit up. it's as if I was a doll in the way he could so easily handle me. he walked over to grab the tray and brought it back, settling it on my thighs.

he helped me eat, encouraging me to eat the whole thing. I let him do so, weakly replying to the conversation he makes as the food he fed me disappeared from right beneath my nose.

***

"what are you doing, y/n?"

vance's sigh turned me to face him at katy's door. I put down the little black dress I was holding, giving him a tight smile. katy and I stood at her wardrobe, looking through it as we tried to find something for me to wear to cheyenne's party the next day. heather sat on katy's bed, snacking on red laces and occasionally giving her two cents to the conversation.

"getting ready for cheyenne's party." I responded, holding up katy's flowy skirt to my body as I turned and looked in the mirror.

"baby, I thought we said we weren't going?" vance said. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"it's cheyenne's party. I miss my friends, I'm not not going." I replied shortly. "katy, pass me that top?"

vance rubbed a hand over his forehead, a frown coming over his face.

"are you going to be ok?" he asked.

"well you're coming with me, I'm not going alone." I snapped slightly as I held the top and skirt to my body to see how they paired. he nodded, clearing his throat.

"I think maddy has some waist beads that can go with that?" heather suggested.

"oh my god, I know exactly which," katy grinned.