⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 7﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 7
⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅all my thoughts of him﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

I rolled over in bed on saturday morning with a light groan. my thoughts and dreams of last night had all been filled with my near-kiss with vance hopper. I had wandered through all the scenarios of what would've happened had katy not interrupted. I had dreamt of the feeling of his lips on mine everytime I closed my eyes.

but part of me worried what his reaction would've been. would he have been happy? would he have just ditched me? would he have been angry? did I read the situation wrong? maybe he wasn't trying to kiss me... or was he? why did he get so close to me? why did he lick his lips? why did he put his hand on me cheek? why all of this if he wasn't going to kiss me?

I lifted my head from my pillow and checked the time to rid myself of these thoughts.

10:26AM

holy shit. I was meant to meet cheyenne and imani in an hour! I ripped the covers back and hurried to get ready for the day.

***

I made it out to the kitchen for breakfast, all ready, with 20 minutes to make it to my destination. it was fine, the park was only 10 minutes away.

"morning, sweetie," I greeted gwen who was sat at the table eating her breakfast — finney was watching tv in the front room.

"y/n... daddy didn't come home last night..." gwen mumbled.

I gazed at the open seat with a blank look. dad had been away a lot recently, apparently marty's illness had gotten worse and dad had to cover for him. I thought about baking him some cookies and taking them over to him. he was only the next block over from us.

I felt nothing as I gazed at the empty chair. last night's dreams had left me in a bit of a confused state.

"he was probably covering for marty." I replied as I spread butter over my toast.

"he didn't say he was." finney piped up from the living room, confused.

"I'm sure dad's fine, now, I have to go meet my friends. finney, you're going to robin's and gwen, you're going to susie's?" the two nodded. "great, let's go so I can lock up."

I clamped my teeth around my toast before placing my plate and gwen's bowl beside finney's bowl in the sink. I began pulling on my jacket as the finney turned the tv off and followed over with gwen. shouldering my bag, I hurried the kids out of the door and double locked it behind me before heading down the path with the kids and finishing off my toast.

***

"shall we go grab'n'go? I need a sprite." imani asked, looking up at me from her spot on the ground beside cheyenne.

I swung myself higher on the swing, contemplating whether or not I could be bothered.

"sure, I wanna get some of those candy necklaces, arlo said they've finally got them in again." I said.

the other two began grabbing our bags as I jumped off of the swing when it reached its highest point, landing on my feet with a loud thud. I took my bag from cheyenne's outstretched hand with a 'thank you' and began walking with them to the town's favourite corner store.