⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 28﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 28
𓂃 𖥔 chop, chop, chop 𖥔 𓂃⌗

how the fuck does she know that? how the fuck does she know that??

my breathing became shorter as if borderline hyperventilating.

"y/n... what's she on about?" cheyenne asked me, confused. my heart began pounding and my chest creased in pain with every breath I took.

"y/n- shit." vance was cut off.

"class, are we getting on with our work?" miss came back into the class, sheaf of papers in hand.

I sunk into my chair with a shaky sigh, my nails coming up to my mouth to chip away at them with my teeth.

as soon as miss dismissed our class, I rushed straight out of the classroom. I made directly for the old, abandoned toilet block at the back of the school and shut myself into the cubicle furthest from the door. I sat myself on the toilet lid and pulled my knees up to my chest.

my hands resumed their nail-biting position at my mouth as I lightly rocked forwards and backwards. tears quickly crowded my waterline and I tried to blink them back, but they just clung to lashes and a few dropped down my cheeks. I gasped for air and tried to fill my the empty feeling in my lungs, clutching my chest as pain stabbed through it. my hair brushed against my neck uncomfortably, making me pull my hands away from my mouth to run my fingers through the knotty strands. I pushed my hair away from my neck, sobbing when it fell right back to his position and making me feel strangled and choked.

I was hot, too hot. too much. too much. I unzipped my hoodie but I couldn't take it off, I was too exposed. too much. too much. I let it rest at my elbows and kept it away from my neck as I tied my hair up in a trashy bun on the top of my head. my hair was too long. too much. too much.

the sound of the door scratching along the floor burned my ears and flipped my insides. I clamped a hand over my mouth to prevent anyone unwanted from hearing me.

"y/n?" bruce's voice called out. I whimpered into my hand. "oh, y/n." he sighed sympathetically.

I watched as bruce's green converse stopped outside of the cubicle door. they were accompanied by a pair of scuffed, black converse with one shoe's laces untied. I recognised them immediately. the person in the black shoes knocked on the door with a slightly heavy hand.

"baby, can you open up for me?" vance's voice echoed through the toilet.

"no..." I let out in a broken sob. I heard a sigh and some muttering.

"y/n, listen. does it really matter if people know? your dad isn't abusive anymore." I sobbed harder at my friend's lack of understanding. "ok, ok, or not, sorry."

"c'mon, angel. it'll be ok. it will all blow over. something new will happen and everyone with forget about this." vance reassured me.

"like what? what will happen?! vance, everybody knows!" I cried out.

"not everyone, it's probably not made it's way around the school yet." bruce said.

"so what, I just have to wait out my impending social doom and I can't do anything about it? great." I watched as vance's converse kicked bruce's shin.