Flash Daughter

--

After coming back home, they still had some time to kill before Kurai would come home from school. So Kirishima made the call to Mitsuki as Bakugou turned on the TV. Well, Kirishima turned it on and gave him the remote. The blond didn't feel comfortable turning on the TV himself, or treating the house like his home yet.

He didn't know what to watch. What did he like? What was his favorite? What was Kirishima's favorite? He wanted to know the redhead like he once did before. Wanted to know what he was like.

"Decided on something yet?" Kirishima came back and sat down next to the blond.

"No...I'm not sure what to pick," Bakugou scrolled through streaming services, none of them really feeling like he's watched this before.

"Here, I know," the redhead grabbed the remote from his hands and quickly found a different streaming service and searched up a specific movie. "This was your favorite," the redhead clicked on it and the movie began.

The blond sat and watched the movie, really paying attention. The redhead watched single-mindedly as he's seen this movie a million times over again.

A bit before the movie was over, Kirishima left to go get Kurai from school. He wants to know more about her too. She wants to hear what he was like for her. He can't just make assumptions about himself because Kirishima says all these great things about him. He wants to know what others think of him. Well, thought of him.

Kirishima came back with Kurai in his arms, seemingly to be comforting her. The blond stood up, concerned.

"What happened?" He asked. Kirishima gave him a sad look before taking the girl to the kitchen. It had something to do with him, didn't it? She was upset that the Bakugou she knew was gone, a supposed second father was missing from her but yet right in front of her.

It made him feel bad.

He wants to remember her, but he just can't.

Kirishima came back to the living room, the movie far over, and sat down with Kurai in his arms. He looked at the small girl with sadness. He scootched over closer to Kirishima and grabbed the small girls hand, rubbing it gently.

A sudden flash before Bakugou's eyes. An image of them doing this exact thing, but the girl was a bit younger, him and the redhead were wearing hero costumes. What was that? He blinked to get his eyes to focus again.

"You okay?" The redhead asked.

"Yeah-just got something in my eye," he rubbed one of his eyes. What was going on at that moment? Is that when they first adopted her? Why was she crying? Out of joy? But no one looked happy in that... memory? Flashback? Bakugou wasn't quite sure yet.

The girl crawled over the redhead's lap and sat in the blond's. Bakugou wasn't sure what to do. Had he done this before. Bakugou took a sharp inhale before wrapping his arms around the young girl, protecting her, comforting her.

The redhead smiled slightly. The blond let out a sigh.

"Is...this about me," he released the girl so she could sit up in his lap. She nodded. "I'm sorry."

Why did he keep apologizing? It's not like it was going to help at this point.

"I want to remember, but...I can't..." He explained. "Maybe you could tell me?" Kurai looked at him tears still making their way down her face, but far less than before.

"Okay..." She mumbles, leaning back into his chest and gripping his shirt. "Later..." She hid her face in his chest as she wrapped her arms fully around him. Kirishima placed his hand on the blond's shoulder.

"You want to help her pick a movie?" The redhead asked. He nodded. "Okay."

He could feel that the redhead was tempted to give him a kiss on the cheek, but decided on not to, standing up and going elsewhere.

"What do you want to watch?" The blond asked, reaching for the remote while trying to keep a hold of Kurai.

"SpongeBob," she mumbled, looking up at the TV screen as the blond searched for it.

He placed Kurai on the couch as the intro started to play out and walked towards Kirishima.

"Mitsuki said we could stop by anytime," Kirishima explained, then his phone rang. He went to the master bedroom upstairs to answer it while Bakugou looked at the kitchen.

He really wanted to remember how to cook.

"Papa?" Bakugou was startled a little, but looked down at Kurai. "Are you going to cook?" She asked.

"I would...but I don't remember how to," he explained. Kurai dragged over a stepping stool and pressed it against the counter, climbing on top to sit on it, opening a cabinet that held cook books.

"Pa- you liked to use cook books to know what you're doing," she explained, grabbing a book at the front and placing it on the counter with a struggle. Closing the cabinet door and struggled to climb down, but managed.

Bakugou walked up and grabbed the book, opening it, and looking through it. Recipes upon recipes. Bakugou heard the sound of scraping and turned over to see her dragging over a book stand.

The blond placed the book he was holding on the book stand. The random page he was on being held opened. The girl dragged her stood over where the book stand was, stepping on the stool, and turned the pages back in forth, seemingly looking for something.

She stopped and pointed to the recipe on the page: teriyaki.

"That's my favorite," she said. "And daddy's is-"

"Steak," the blond finished. She was about to turn the page but stopped once he said it. "Your...daddy and I had talked while you were at school," she hummed.

"Do you think you can cook teriyaki?" She asked. The blond looked over at the recipe, it seemed a bit hard...but he really wanted to make the young girl happy.

"I could try," he said. The young girl smiled brightly. "I wanna help!" She yelled excitedly.

"Okay," he chuckled.

She hopped off the stool and ran towards a thin door, a broom closet. She opened the door and yanked on something. The blond walked over and saw it was an apron. It was black with white letters that read "your opinion wasn't in the recipe" it made the blond chuckle.

He grabbed it and put it on, that's what seemed like the girl wanted him to do. She yanked on another thing. Another apron, a lot smaller than the one he had. It was white and had her name embroidered on it in curly black letters. More words were printed on it below her name: little helper.

He grabbed it and gave it to her. She struggled to tie it though, having to turn around and have him do it.

She rolled up her sleeves, Bakugou had a t-shirt, so he didn't need to do the same.

He read through the ingredients and instructions while he cooked with Kurai.

--

Finally they finished, it looked pretty close to the picture. But the taste was what was going to be important. Would it be edible? They had three servings, one for each of them. Kurai sat in a chair and Kirishima sat in one after hearing dinner was ready. He was aware that they were cooking together, he honestly hopes it's the same as his husband's cooking once was, he didn't want to live on fast-food. That wasn't healthy, especially for Kurai.

Kurai was really the only one to have enough courage to try it.

She grew the biggest smile on her face which made another flash come to Bakugou. Them sitting at the table, all of them eat teriyaki, and Kurai having the biggest smile on her face even though it was covered in sauce. He rubbed his eyes as Kurai spoke:

"It's the exact same!" she cheered and Kirishima quickly dug in after hearing that. Bakugou felt a little proud of himself as he began to eat as well.