Looking Scars

--

Bakugou sat back down and Kirishima sat in front of him, having to lift his hair as to not sit on it.

"How do you maintain this?" The blond asked, spreading sections of Kirishima's hair to make the three strands he needs.

"I always have it spiked!" He yells, moving slightly, causing Bakugou to pull his hair. Kirishima moves back. "You never wanted me to cut my hair super short, because you loved my long hair," Kirishima smiles fondly.

Bakugou hummed.

He enjoyed talking to Kirishima. It was a bit...rough at first. But now, it was better. A little. Kirishima seems to still be hard on some subjects, but he's sure the redhead would open up more once they get used to talking.

He started braiding, Kirishima trying his best to stay still. He has no idea how Kurai does it so well.

After finishing it Bakugou tied it off. It was a little better than Kurai's. But not like how it once was.

"Thanks," Kirishima looked at his braid and smiled softly. He sat back down on the couch and Bakugou did the same.

"Wh-"

"What's it like? Not remembering anything?" Kirishima asked eventually after a minute or so of silence.

"Nothing really," Bakugou said. "There's nothing I could really feel since I don't remember them in the first place."

Kirishima nodded.

"I-I feel guilty as well," Bakugou said, after another minute or so of silence. Kirishima turned his head, his face begging for more context.

"Seeing you being so desperate for me to remember you when I just couldn't-"

Bakugou leaned forward, his arms resting on top of his legs as his head faced the floor.

"I felt terrible," Kirishima slide a hand on his shoulder. His face a mixture of apologetic and concern. Bakugou turned his head to look at him, his own hand sliding up to hold his.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way," Kirishima said.

"It's not your fault," Bakugou confirmed. "It's all of these photos of the years I've spent with people and they have to watch me not remember them," the blond sighed.

"I could understand why it's painful for you to look at me."

"I'm looking at you right now..." Bakugou turned his head to look at Kirishima. A soft smile pulled at his lips with soft red eyes. They were glossy. Was he going to cry?

"You know, we only had met in highschool, it hurts for me because your my husband and obviously we've been together for a while," Kirishima explained. "But, I can't imagine how it must feel for your parents or Midoriya, who've known you longer."

Red went and laid his head on Kirishima's leg, his face scrunched with sadness.

"It was always an honor to be next to you," Kirishima said, moving both of his hands to pet Red. "You never liked anyone near your space and pushed people away."

Kirishima chuckled.

"I didn't push you away," Bakugou stated. "So, I must have felt honored to be next to you."

A sob.

Kirishima covered his mouth but still cried. Bakugou stretched his arm over Kirishima's shoulders and pulled him close, laying his head on top of his.

"Obviously you were someone special, even if I did tried to push you away, I think you only dragged me in more," Bakugou continued as the redhead cried on his shoulder. Red whining at the sight of his owner upset, pawing at his leg to get his attention.