Speaking from the Heart

--

He stared at the ceiling for what felt like forever. His mind kept going back to what happened when Kirishima came home. Something was wrong...

It had something to with him, didn't it?

Why did he even ask it anymore. He should now it's true.

But they made so much progress. He had made so much progress. But now it was crumbling apart like a nature valley granola bar.

What happened? He wanted to know. He deserved to know. If it was about him, he needed to know.

He sat up and got out of bed.

He should feel bad if Kirishima's asleep and he's about to wake him up. But he doesn't care right now. He needed to know.

He leaves into the hallway and was about to knock before he hears a sob. Was...Kirishima crying...?

He retracted his hand. Should he go back to bed? But with this new acknowledgement, now that he knew Kirishima was crying, he couldn't just walk away. He felt like it would tear him apart if he just let the redhead sob.

He knocks. He heard a surprised sniffle before silence. Footsteps.

"Wh-who is it?" He asks quietly behind the door. His voice quivering from recently crying.

"It's me..." Bakugou responds.

Silence again.

"I-I..." He stops himself. "I want to know... what's gotten you so upset..."

Silence still. He can't even tell if Kirishima was at the door. But he continued anyways:

"You were quiet at dinner...so was Kurai..." He swallows, "a-and I can't help but think...that it has something to do with me..."

Silence. He grips his arm.

"I-if it has something to do with my---lack of memory..."

"Then I'm sorry..."

Silence.

"I-I want to-" he swallows again, feeling like he was going to cry himself. He let out a shuddered breath before continuing again:

"I want to remember..."

"remember who I was, I want to remember Kurai, my---our friends, my parents."

"...you..." he pressed his forehead against the door.

Silence. He swallows again. A tear slipping out of his eye. He wipes it away.

"Th-"

"There's so much I-I don't know, and I know you expect me to remember but I just can't," he tries to keep his voice quiet. He presses his hand against the door.

Silence. He turned his head, pressing his ear against the door.

"I want to be like how I once was...but I don't know how..." More tears fell from his eyes, turning his head back over to press his forehead against the door. He didn't wipe them away.

"And...I need to know more about what's going on with me if more comes out."

Silence- no wait! A door unlocking. Then it opened.

Kirishima, his red hair disheveled and his eyes spilling tears, looking like he had bursted into tears all over again. All at once the redhead ran into his chest and cried very hard, his sobs being muffled by his shirt. Bakugou wrapped his arms around the redhead and rubbed his back comfortingly.