Parents Share

--

(I'm going to refer to Bakugou as Katsuki when there are multiple Bakugou's, also it's the next day from the last chapter)

Mitsuki said that it was okay for them to come over. Even though they're long since been retired, they were busy and couldn't have Katsuki over.

Bakugou got Kurai into her booster seat while Kirishima got everything. They wanted Kurai to spend the night at their place, to spend time with her. Kurai had taken captive of Bakugou's old room. They didn't change any of the walls or flooring, the bed frame is still the same. But they got a new mattress and sheets for her. She doesn't have a wardrobe, the room does but it has toys and stuff in it, not clothes. Which is why Kirishima had to pack clothes for her.

Summer had began and Kurai was out of school, so it was alright.

Kirishima sighs as he looks over at Kurai in her seat, currently licking a large lollipop he was sure was going to get her hair, face, and hands sticky. On her next birthday she won't even need her seat anymore. She's getting so old. Despite the fact that they only had Kurai when she was six turning seven, it felt like he's had her ever since she was born.

Once they were ready, they got in the car and began driving.

"What do I say to them?" Bakugou asked after they stopped at a red light.

"They understand what's going on with you, I don't think they expect you to say anything to them," he responded. He sounded a lot better than he did before, but the blond knew he was still hurting.

"W-What do I refer to them as?" Bakugou understood that they were supposed to be his parents, but it felt odd to call people he doesn't know "Mom" and "Dad".

"I don't know..." Silence hanged over them as Kirishima began to drive again. Bakugou fiddled with his seatbelt. Not that he was uncomfortable, he was nervous.

When they arrived and parked in the driveway, Kirishima places his hand on Bakugou's shoulder, leaning in a bit.

"It's going to okay," he said, a soft smile on his face. A flash of that same soft smile crosses his mind. They were in the car, but it was night outside, and they seemed to be up on a hill.

He placed his hand over Kirishima's as he looks down. That feeling came again. He's felt it before, before he could remember. This feeling had always been in him. But he can't tell what it is.

"I want out!" Kurai yelled, startling the both of them as Kirishima's face turned red. He quickly unbuckled and got out. Bakugou stayed frozen for a second before he gets out as well.

They go inside, Mitsuki and Masaru giving Kirishima, Kurai, and Katsuki a hug. They recoiled as they we're hit with the reminder that their son no longer remembers them as he didn't try to push them off.

Mitsuki went to the kitchen while Kirishima and Masaru helped Kurai with her stuff. Katsuki stood there a bit awkwardly. He wasn't sure what to do. Was he supposed to treat it as if the house were his own? But it's not his own. He gripped the sleeve of his shirt, then release, then regrab. Tugging on his sleeves.

"We made special spicy curry," Mitsuki came back in and told him. He followed her to a dinning table and sat down. She placed the dish in front of him. By then, Masaru, Kirishima, and Kurai came back and sat at the table as well.

Mitsuki placed their dishes in front of them as well. Katsuki quickly noticed the difference in their dishes. Well, in Kirishima and Kurai's dishes. Kirishima's didn't look like the rest of their's probably just a mild spice, and Kurai's didn't have the sauce at all; probably isn't spicy at all and is just curry.

He takes a spoonful, everyone watching him with suspense, finally eating it once he tore everyone's eyes off him. It wasn't as spicy as Kirishima made it out to be.

*It like, burns your mouth* he remembers Kirishima warning him.

They began eating once Katsuki dove back in for another bite.

After their meal they went into the living room, besides from Kurai, who went upstairs.

"So, how have you been Eijiro," Mitsuki asked after sitting down next to Masaru.

"I've been better..." He confessed. Bakugou looked at him sadly. He doesn't mean to make the redhead upset, his existence seems to make him upset. Well, his lack of rememberance of him makes him upset.

"And Katsuki, how have you been?" Masaru asked him. They all looked at him. What was he supposed to say? How was he supposed to say how he felt.

"I-I've...uh...been okay," he saw Masaru's face turned into a sad one. That was the wrong answer wasn't it? He gripped the cloth covering his shoulder. Loosened it, gripped it again, all while he looked away from him and looked at Kirishima.

The redhead hesitantly placed a hand on his shoulder opposite of the one closest to him. The blond sighed, the reaction being caught by Masaru. His arm slid down from his shoulder and he crossed them. Feeling a bit more comfortable and relaxed.

He honestly didn't know why he felt more relaxed around Kirishima. But he just did. That feeling he felt, that warm feeling in his chest. It returned. His heart beat picked up, his face flushed a little. Was that what the emotion also controlled? Making him more comfortable around Kirishima.

He wasn't sure.

A little later, Kirishima and Mitsuki went back to the kitchen, leaving Masaru and Katsuki in the living room.

"Katsuki?" The blond turned to look at him. "What was that 'reaction' you had when Eijiro put his arm around you?"

"I-I don't know," he shrugged. "I-I've been getting a feeling when he does something like that," Katsuki placed a hand over his heart.

Masaru's eyebrows shot up in surprise, maybe realization?

"Katsuki, do you think you love Eijiro?"

Love? That's what happens when you want to date someone, right? No, love can come in many forms. He likes Kirishima as more than a friend, as a boyfriend, that's what Masaru meant. But was it true? Was that what that warmth was? That guilt when he was upset. That need to keep Kirishima happy.

"I-I don't...know..." He mumbled. He meant it, but he wasn't so sure if...if it was true. Maybe he did know and just didn't want to.

Masaru want to reach and grab his son's shoulder to comfort him, but he wasn't sure if he would like it. In the past he didn't:

*KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF ME OLD MAN!* He remembers the blond yelling, because he wanted to hug him. He was okay with his son's boundaries, but he always enjoyed breaking them as well.

"You guys have been...very distant...is that something that I asked for or..."

"Oh, well...yeah," Masaru nodded, locking his frail hands together.

"I also saw that I look very grouchy in all of those photos," Katsuki pointed to the pictures on top of the fire place and behind him in the dining room.

"Yeah, due to your quirk you had heart problems," Masaru began. "Your heart beated too slow, so you had to keep it stimulated, by being angry, thankfully in recent years we were able to find meds that'll stimulate it for you," he explained.

"But that never really stop you from being so grouchy," the brunette chuckled.

Katsuki hummed and nodded.

"You also had problems with your hearing" he noted, "that's why you have hearing aids," Masaru tapped on something that was on his ear. He hadn't known it was there before. Was he allowed to sleep with them on? Nothing was going on, so maybe it was okay? But just to be safe, he'll take them off when he sleeps tonight.