10

Youin

My escape comes at the sunrise. It's easy. Reverting to the former version of myself comes with a flood of power that allows me to break the broken spell finally. I inhale, and flee into the sea, dissolving my form, scattering among the energy, seeking her. I must make a show of it. I smile.

I'm happy. I'm excited. I can't wait to not exist for a while. It's so burdensome.

She's with Slade for some reason. I follow her, appearing at the door. I hesitate. I supposed I will have to fake an accident.

The door opens and there she is. The wind takes her locs, but she pulls them behind her ear. Her eyes widen at the sight of me. I want to tell her so many things.

"Don't disappear," is all I whisper. "Don't leave."

Something like fear takes her and shakes her to her bones. I fall to my knees, putting my arms around her waist, putting my head against the softness of her belly. Her scent...how intoxicating.

"Don't die. I couldn't bear it. I simply couldn't bear it if you died."

The words spill from my lips before I can manage to collect my thoughts.

I stand, cupping her face. She closed her eyes, falling into my arms. So soft. So beautiful. So mine. I can't keep my thoughts together. I want to disappear. I want her to be happy. I want her to be mine. I do not wish to change. I want to be what she wants me to be.

What is it, exactly, that causes this baffling feeling. The roses perk up behind her, her eyes hooded, her fingers pressed against my chest.

"You're...you're out?" She whispers.

I nod, rubbing her soft cheek. Her plump lips are soft and slightly open, inviting me. My grip on her tightens, as I take her lips, kissing her roughly. Slowly...my eyes close, as I pull her closer, her knees giving out under me.

"Mother?"

My eyes fly open. Moira pushes away from me roughly, but I don't allow her. She's trying to shield him from me. But why? She already told me of his existence. So then...it's his appearance. A man I may recognize?

I push her away roughly, and she falls to her knees, closing her eyes. "Youin don't—"

"Don't. Move." I command her, the divine energy forcing her chest to the floor as I approach the child, who's eyes are wide and fearful. Slade stands, putting him behind him.

I narrow my eyes. "Do not interfere God of War."

Slade raised his brows. "You seem...different."

"Step aside, Slade. What belongs to Mine belongs to me."

Slade pauses but nods. The child comes into view. I wrap him in a wave, lifting him off the ground. Blue eyes. Blue hair. And what is this?

"Youin!"

I shoot her a glare, approaching the child. I cock my head as he struggles uselessly, beginning to cry. He's a god. He's mine. I chuckle. All of this...because she was afraid I would hurt him. Why didn't she just mention he was mine?

I lift his face, crooking my finger under his chin. So small...perhaps it's the human in him. Well I was never in favor of the mutts but...the balance does not seem to mind.

"Do you know who I am?" I ask him, standing, nose to nose with him.

"Let my mother go! You meany! Right now!"

I chuckle. Insolent like his mother.

"Right. Well...if the little water god insists," I smile, snapping. Moira is at his side in an instant, trying to pluck him from my watery hold. I just stare at him. He glared at me. I bet he thinks he's being very fearsome right now.