14

Youin

It's quiet. The place was called Mermaid's Cove—where I was trapped for years. Deep in the heart of Atlantis. I should investigate. Should go back and kill them, the lot of them. I should do many things.

The balance is silent.

I sit in a room. I'm unsure what's it's called but it's by the entrance. Why did I build this? I don't need this. A kitchen? I don't eat. A dining room. I do not dine. Chairs but I need not sit, and halls when I need not walk, and air when I need not breathe. What purpose does this place serve?

No humans can come here so why did I create it? It isn't a temple. It's a house. It's a house for a god which...is such an odd notion. There are 20 places settings. 20 chairs. Why did I make 20 when I don't host anyone here? Is it too sad to just have one?

I am confounded by things I have done. Most of all—

She blinks, her fingers lingering on the hallway entrance. The robe she's wearing is sheer and it's made with my power. Why did I use it for something so useless?

She glanced back to the room she's come from and at me with a curious cock of her head, pointing at me. So insolent.

"Weren't you...?"

I lick my lips, and tap the table. Why do I take this form? I dislike humans. Why do I look like one?

She scoffs and shrugs. "I know you said not to go in any other room but you know me, water god."

I blink and say nothing. The robe covers nothing so why wear it? She has pictures, engraved on her flesh. And a singular scar. Her lips are full. Her eyes are dark. She leans against the wall, her full breasts hidden from my sight, her hand clasping the wall.

She's still here. Waiting for me to say something, I suppose?

"What do you want?" I ask.

She furrows her brows, and walks toward me emerging from behind the wall. "Nothing per say. Just...bored. What are you doing out here?"

I look down at the table. "I do not answer to you, human."

She cocks her head and scoffs indignantly, her hips swaying. She stops in front of me, looking me over.

"You seem upset."

"I am no such thing," I remark. She sits on the table, though it is not for sitting her legs resting next to my lap.

Her hand stretches out. I grab her wrist, stopping her. Her eyes dart down to my grip and up at me. She thinks for a moment.

"Youin?" She whispers, her brow furrowed.

"Is there something indomitable about you? You are merely human. Just flesh. And though I wear this flesh, and you can feel it against yours...this is not me. And I am not what you are. You understand that don't you?"

Moria wrenches her hand away and I let her. "What is going on with you?"

I narrow my eyes. "I am what I have always been. And you are nothing."

Her eyes widen, and she pulls away. I reach out. I don't know why. It's this body. It's infecting me. Dragging me from godhood. Diluting me. Could a mere human mutant have captured me if I had been in my true form?

"Sit back down," I demand.

She narrows her eyes. "Fuck off, water god."

I pull her forcefully, setting her back in the spot she took.  She struggles but fails, of course. A waste of energy. I grab her jaw. It is exhilarating to have her in my grasp. It breeds such a sense of relief.