Slug Club

It was a few days after seeing adult Remus and Sirius. I thought about them. From time to time. I still missed them. I will always miss them.

Enough of that. The days that followed were uneventful. Halloween was just like last Year. Although I was a bit more sad this Halloween. Kinda wished I hadn't remembered what Halloween meant. That was Saturday. Sunday. I just hung out in the boy's Dorm. No surprise there. Monday was fine. Nothing exciting there.

And now that leads to today. Tuesday. November 3rd. Meaning. It was Sirius's birthday. And not any birthday. His seventeenth birthday. Which means. Sirius is now of age. And considered an adult in the Wizarding World. Come this Summer. He was aloud to use magic. Outside of school. The second in our group of five to come of age. First was Peter. On September 9th. Next was Remus. His birthday was in March. March 10th. Next was James. On March 27th. And last. Was me. I don't turn seventeen till the last day of July. Yay. Everyone I knew would be seventeen. Before I turned seventeen. Yay.

Anyway. Back to right now. It was the end of Potions. And Slughorn had asked me to stay back. I didn't know why. I haven't done anything wrong. And I don't think I did terrible on the homework. So why was Slughorn holding me back?

"Thank you for staying back, Miss Wolfe." Slughorn said.

"You're welcome, Professor. Is there a reason you held me back? Have I done something?" I asked.

"Oh, no. Oh, no. You have done nothing wrong or anything like that." I let out a breath. "I just wanted to talk to you about something. I was going to ask you this last Year, but when I heard that you were only staying for Fifth Year, I let it go. Now that you are staying for the remainder of your education, I have decided to offer my suggestion up again."

"Oh?"

"Yes, well, you see, I have a little gathering, usually a dinner, or a party or two. I have some of my best students attend. I am having one of these dinner this Friday, and I was hoping that you would be able to attend." Slughorn explained.

Oh. So this was about the Slug Club. A Club filled with Slughorn's favorites. I knew Lily was in it. The boys weren't. I didn't know anybody else who was in it. Only Lily.

"I would be my pleasure to come on Friday." I answered.

Slughorn beamed and clapped his hands once. "Wonderful, wonderful. It will be nice to see you there. Just arrive at the classroom opposite of this one at five o'clock."

"Thank you, Professor Slughorn."

"You're most welcome, Miss Wolfe. Now off to your next class. Don't want to be more late than you already are." Handing me a note to give to my next Professor. I nodded to him. And left the room. And on to my Defense class.

                                                                                                         ***

I opened the door to the Defense class. It squeaked.

"Stupid door." I thought to myself. Closing the door behind me. And then walking down the desks to where Professor Kilgore was. The classes eyes following me the whole way.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Kilgore. I have a note." I said. Once I got to him. Handing him the note. He took it. And read it.

"That's quite alright, Miss Wolfe, that's quite alright. We were just working on our assignments from yesterday. Please, take your seat." He replied. Motioning to where I usually sat.

I nodded. Turning around. And taking my usual seat. Next to Remus. And getting out my work.

I had not even been sitting for ten seconds. Before a note came my way.