Sorted One More Time

"You know I've never done? Pulled an all-nighter on Christmas. I say we do it this Year." James stated. Remus and I slowly looked at each other. And then at James.

"Dude. We literally just pulled three all-nighters. And you want to do another one?" I asked.

James shrugged. "I think we should."

"I agree with Prongs." Sirius agreed.

"What?" Remus asked Sirius.

"Yeah, I think it will be fun. I've never done it either. I say let's do it!" Sirius stood on his bed. With his fist in the air.

"Yay! Someone agrees with me! Let's do it!" James also climbed up on his bed. Both boys looked like over excited five-year-olds.

I looked over at Remus. Raising an eyebrow. "What's one more all-nighter, huh?"

Remus shrugged. "I guess it wouldn't hurt." He looked at the other boys. "I'm in." Both Sirius and Jame cheered.

I sighed. "I'm in too." Again. Cheering. I got off of Remus's bed. "Well, if we are doing this. I'm going to get food and drinks. Anyone want to come and help me carry all the shit?"

James jumped off his bed. "I'll come." I nodded. "We shouldn't need the Cloak, right?"

I shook my head. "Nah. There's still about an hour till curfew. We'll be fine."

***

James and I were now in the Kitchens. The House-elves were busy getting our food together. We asked for a lot. This was going to be a fun way to spend Christmas Eve.

"You sure we're going to have enough? All of us know how to eat." James asked.

"Yup. I figured out how much we would need. This will be good enough." I answered.

"How did you figure that out?" James raised an eyebrow.

I shrugged. "Just a simple deduction. I know how much you boys eat. And how much I eat. So. I just did the math. And figured out how much we need. To get us through the night."

"I don't know whether to be impressed, scared, or... I don't even know what."

I smirked. "Get used to it. I'm full of surprises."

"I don't think I ever will." He paused. "And your half me and I don't even know myself sometimes."

"I know. I still don't know who I am at times. But." I shrugged.

"You know, I never asked how you liked it here. Do you like it here?"

"I stayed. Of course I like here. I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't. I would've gone home."

"What's it like there?"

"You know I can't really answer that question. But. It's alright. For the most part. Sure. There are ups and downs. But it's alright."

"You miss everyone from your time?"

"Everyday." Was all I said. Looking down at my shoes.

***

We came back with a shit ton of food. Which. We started eating right away. The first couple of hours went by ok. Nothing really much happened. It was currently about 3 am now.

"Ok. I'm going to take a shower." James said. Standing up.

"James. It's 3 am. Why the fuck are you going to take a shower?" I asked. But. I don't think he heard me. He just walked to the bathroom. A minute later. We heard the shower turn on. "I ask again. Why the fuck is he taking a shower at 3 am?"