First Day As A Slytherin Again

It was 4:30 in the morning when I woke up. I rolled over. Looking out the window. All I saw. Was a greenish black. I frowned. Getting out of bed. And walking to the window. As far as a could see out the window. I could only see the greenish black color. Until. Something came up to window. A giant eye. I jumped back a little. What the fuck was that? The eye stared at me for a sec. Before moving away. Tentacles following. I tilted my head in confusion. For a second. I forgot where I was. Then. I remembered. The Slytherin Dorm. I was so used to the Gryffindor Dorm. I had forgotten about Slytherin.

***

After taking a shower. It was only 5:17. I sighed. Grabbing my bag. I headed to the Common Room. It looked almost the same here. As it did in the '90's. Though. It was darker here. A lot more black than the '90's. My time had a lot more green. With even some silver mixed in. Here. It was mostly black. But. It still looked familiar. And it made me feel happy. I had missed seeing this place.

I walked over to my favorite leather chair. Sitting down, I took out a pad of paper. And started doing some drawing. It has been a long time since I drew. I think. This might be the first time I've drawn anything. Since I came to the '70's. Then again. I only drew when I was sitting in this chair. Never anywhere else. So. That makes sense.

***

It was about 6:04 when another person came out of the Dorms. And that person. Was Harley.

"Hi, Harley!" I called out the guy.

He made his way over to me. "Hey, Aspen. How was your first night in Slytherin?"

I shrugged. "It was alright. I forgot where I was. When I first woke up. You?"

"Ok, I also forgot where I was when I woke up to. I'm used to the Sun shining threw the window."

"Me too. It was even more weird when I had the Giant Squid's eye in the window."

Harley shivered at the thought. "That sounds scary first thing in the morning."

I hummed. Looking around the Slytherin Common Room. More people were coming out of the Dorms. "It must be very different here. Than the Hufflepuff Common Room."

"It is, for one thing, it's very bright there, black and yellow, with wooden chairs and tables, round doors and windows, where you can people's feet walking past outside, also lots of plants."

"Sounds cozy."

"It is. I miss it already. What's it like in the Gryffindor Common Room?"

"It's also bright. And red. Red everywhere. Circular. With comfy armchairs everywhere. Our dormitories are reached by climbing a winding mahogany staircase, decorated with crimson and gold. Lots of windows. Pictures of animals all around. It's amazing." I explained.

"Sounds amazing." Harley then looked around the Common Room. At all the people. Then turned to me. Lowering his voice. "Hey, can you do me a favor? If any of the Slytherins here ever ask you what my Blood Status is, can you please tell them I'm a Half-blood?"

I frowned. "Yeah. It's fine. I'll tell them that you're a Half-blood."

Harley looked relieved. "Thank you. Normally, I wouldn't care about stuff like that, but it's Slytherin."

I frowned even more. "Is that how Hufflepuff's view Slytherins? As people who only care if your Pure-blood or not?"

"Yeah, basically."

"What else do Hufflepuff's say about Slytherin?" I asked.

"That they're all basically Dark Wizards. Stuff like that. Some Hufflepuff's say that not every Slytherin is evil, but most do."