10th Chapter

I didn't think anyone who worked in NJT did this to Haerin. I had someone else on my mind. I despised the person who did this to Haerin. She has been in a coma for almost a month because of the fire. I missed the important runway beacuse of this. The police still wasn't able to find who did it though. And I don't think they ever will.

"You have to eat." Mina said while bringing me a hamburger.

"I'm not hungry. I already ate one at lunch." I replied coldly but it wasn't a lie.

The real person who I was worried about was Haerin's sister, Eunchae. She had lost so much weight and became really pale. She was depressed. It wasn't really clear if Haerin would make it or not so she starved herself and refused to go to the hospital unless she wanted to visit her sister. Mina sat next to me and patted my back.

"I know your worried about Haerin and Eunchae also but Haerin will be fine and if she's okay, so is Eunchae." she said and I hugged her tightly, like I had never before. She was like a mom I had never had.

"Thank you Minari but we really need to check on Eunchae." I said and she nodded.

We got out of my hotel room and headed towards Eunchae's we knocked and only heard Eunchae say come in before we did. She was lying on her bed with puffy, bloodshot red eyes. She was in her pjamas that she wore for almost 2 weeks straight.

"Eunchae please. Haerin is alive and she wont die." I said and sat beside her bed.

"You don't get it! She's my everything." she said and started to cry once again. I signalled Mina to leave and she nodded.

"It was just a little fire. Im sure Haerin is strong." I said and tried to hug her but she pushed me away.

"YOU DON'T GET IT! IF SHE DIES ILL BE DONE FOR GOOD. YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT HAERIN. SHE WAS ALWAYS LIKE A TOY TO YOU!" she sat up and shouted.

"I do care about her-"

"NO YOU DON'T. STOP LYING TO ME! YOU USED TO BE MY ROLE MODEL BUT NOW I HATE YOU DANIELLE MARSH. I FUCKING HATE YOU!" she shouted once again and slapped me. Once she realized what she had done, she covered her mouth with both her hands.

"I'm so sorry." she said, once again tears forming around her eyes.

I didn't reply but just hugged her. She was going through a hard time so I understood her pain. She was stunned for a few seconds but then realized and hugged back.

"It's okay. I'll find who did this and make sure they pay." I said and she simply nodded. 

A few minutes later, I heard snoring coming from her and smiled. I placed her on her bed and left. I dialed the head of NJT and placed the phone on my ear, waiting for the person to pick up and they finally did.

"Hello?" the person on the phone said.

"Hello. This is Danielle Marsh and-"

"Miss Marsh oh how lovely it is to hear from you." the guy said.

"Why thank you. I'm honored but im calling for something else." I told the person.

"What is it?" 

"Could I get the security footage from when the fire happend in the NJT building in street Rue de Rivoli?"

"I normally wouldn't but being such a big fan of your, i'll let this one slide. Meet me in the other NJT building. Surely you know where it is?" he asked.

"Yes I do. Thank you Mr?..."

"Eunwoo. Call me Eunwoo."

"Well thank you once again Eunwoo. When shall we meet?" I asked.

"Whenever possible Ms. Marsh."

"I'll be there in two hours." I said and ended the call.

I called my driver and told him to get the car ready which he obeyed. I told Mina I would be out and she told me to take a bodyguard with me. As much as I didn't want to, I had to because last time I didn't, things didn't go so smoothly. I went to my respective hotel room and wore a petite dress with long sleeves. I got some heels and but them on. I still had to look pleasing to the eye. Since the drive from here to the other bulding was long, I decided I might aswell hit the road now but before that, I had to ask someone certain something.

"Hey Eunchae. It's me Danielle." I said softly and she opened the door.

"Oh hey. What brings you here?" she asked with a tired voice.

"Would you like to come with me to the NJT bulding? I have to go down there to check security footage." I said and she stood up almost immediately.

"YES YES! OHHH THANK YOU." she said and hugged me and I giggled.

"What are we waiting for then? Come on lets go!" I said and she ran like a little kid. After that she got dressed and we went out. Since she was 16, we had a age gap that wasn't that much which made us a little similar.

We got on the elevator and went to the lobby of the hotel. There waited my driver and a bunch of paparazzi. Thankfully I brought a mask and gave it to Eunchae since I didn't want any media schandals. We sat down in the car and enjoyed the soothing music. She actually looked a little happy the first time in a month.

"We're here ma'am." my driver said and we got out.

The building was the same, just located somewhere else but when Eunchae saw it, her mouth went wide. She was really suprised i guess. Just then a man with a black suit approached us and smiled.

"Ah. Ms. Marsh and who are you?" the man asked while lowering his gaze to look at Eunchae.

"Eunchae. Kang Eunchae." she said and bowed.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Kang. Shall we go?" he asked and we both nodded at the same time.

The lobby was full of staff. Stressed ones to be exact but I couldn't understand why so I just shrugged it off and assumed it was nothing. We kept on walking until we reached the room. The guy had a serious face now as he grabbed the USB and looked at us.

"What happens it this room, stays in this room. Got it?" he said and we nodded once again.

He pluged the USB in the computer and a bunch of files started to come in. One had the exact date as the fire and Eunwoo clicked on that one with the mouse he was holding. The vide started to play. I saw the room where me, Haerin and Soobin were but nothing suspicious in that room. So it wasn't my number 1 suspect. We looked at all the other rooms but saw nothing. We were just about to give up and go when Eunchae's mouth went wide. She showed someone who was smoking and throwing the cigar in the bin which started the fire.

"Who is that?" I asked as we zoomed in the picture a little more to see it a bit clearer.

"I don't know.. Can you zoom in a bit more?" Eunchae asked and Eunwoo nodded.

He zoomed max and we realized the person had a hood on. But it was clear that it was a girl. We squinted our eyes and Eunchae let out a loud gasp.

"Who is it?" I asked without averting my eyes from the screen in front of me.

"That's.."

-who could that be? sorry to leave it on a cliff hanger but ill update as soon as i can. This was by far the longest chapter in this book. what did you think about this chapter please tell me your suggestions :)