|8|

Alban kept on asking Uki more and more questions as the night went on. Some of them made Uki a tad bit uncomfortable, but he was as open as possible.

"Alban, please stop pestering Uki, you're going to scare him off," Sonny complained.

"No, I'm not!"  Alban darted back.

Uki could tell that these two had a brother-like relationship. It was heartwarming yet a little humorous how close they were.

"I'm sorry about him Uki, he can be a bit....insensitive."

"No no,  it's alright. He's only trying to get to know me."

Suddenly someone was at the front stage speaking into the mic.

"Good evening everyone! I hope you have enjoyed your night so far, Everyone enjoy the many specially created drinks and appetizers we have made tonight. You can get back to enjoying yourselves."

A tap on the shoulder distracted Uki from the announcement. Turning around, he realized it was only Fulgur.

"Well Uki, this may be a stupid question, but, would you maybe wanna dance with me?"

Uki was slightly taken aback by his question. Fulgur knew that Uki wasn't much of a dancer

"Okay, but you know I'm not a very good dancer."

Fulgur took hold of his hand and led him to the dance floor. Uki's nervousness began to grow as he realized that no one else was dancing.

"Fulgur! I-I can't dance when no one else is!"

"Come on Uki, just have a little fun," Fulgur said coaxing Uki to join him on the dance floor. Eventually, Uki gave in and tightly gripped the cyborg's hand as they walked to the centre of the dance floor.

"Hey, babe? Who's that with Fulgur?" Shu asked as he poked Luca.

"I have no idea...maybe it's a friend?"

"But then why wouldn't he introduce him to us?" Shu sighed, a little disappointed.

As they reached the center of the dance floor, Uki hesitated. Fulgur noticed this and gave him a reassuring smile, lifting the latter's mood.

"Just follow my lead," Fulgur whispered before placing his hand on Uki's back.

The music started and together, they moved perfectly to the sync of the beat. Their gaze remained locked. Their bodies swayed gently to the rhythm, and their feet moved in sync with each other.

They held each other close, their arms wrapped around each other as they moved across the dance floor. Their faces were close, and they looked at nothing except each other's eyes as they moved, lost in the moment. The room around them faded away, leaving only the two of them in each other's embrace.

He didn't know why, but Uki could feel butterflies bubbling up in his stomach. He had never felt this way about Fulgur, but looking into his silver-sharp eyes as the two of them swayed across the dance floor, he felt a romantic chemistry that wasn't there before.

As the dance continued, the intimacy and romantic tension between Uki and Fulgur only grew more. Uki already had a few drinks and his mind was getting a little fuzzy.

"Would it be wrong if I said I wanted to kiss you right now?" Uki asked.

Their faces were now inches apart, and Uki could see the hint of desire in Fulgur's eyes. The moment seemed to last forever, as both of them held their breath.

Finally, their lips met in a soft, tender kiss. Uki closed his eyes and surrounded himself to the moment, never did he except for Fulgur to reciprocate his love, but here he was, kissing his best friend in front of his colleagues.

They two kissed for what felt like ages. The warmth of the kiss spoke of longing and passion, of a connection that went beyond words. As they pulled away, Uki could see the intensity in Fulgur's eyes.

The two hadn't realized that the music had stopped and left there was a slight feeling of awkwardness. The two of them stood there for a moment, not sure what to say. It was as though everything they ever knew about their friendship had been turned upside down.

Embarrassed, Uki ran out of the venue, too scared to even look at his best friend anymore. He could hear distant calls of his name, but he didn't care, he needed to get out of that suffocating atmosphere.

Uki could feel tears running down his cheeks. He couldn't believe what had just happened. What would happen now? He couldn't even think about what this meant for their friendship. Still upset, Uki called a cab to pick him up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Opening the door to his apartment, Uki wobbly walked to his room and collapsed onto his bed. Ukinya jumped on the bed and tried to cheer up Uki, but despite his efforts, nothing was working.

Uki's phone turned on for a brief moment and he caught a glimpse of a message from Fulgur. Turning back on his phone, he read the message.

                {Fufu-chan~}

Fulgur: I'm sorry.

Uki didn't know what to say to that, so he didn't respond. After 10 more minutes of sulking in the comfort of his bed, Uki took a shower, got into some pyjamas and drifted off to sleep, hoping that the night was all one bad dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 906