𝐕𝐈𝐈: 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋

——— AN ANGEL ———

❝   I trust you to help me as another magic user

I trust you to help me as another magic user...but you're still the same arrogant, selfish—

——— AN ENTIRE WEEK HAD PASSED since Lady Kaarina and Prince Loki's heated moment on the Palace grounds. No one had come up to her, accusing her of witchcraft or had her father been overly angry — so it seemed the Prince had kept her secret. Though she had pondered why, exactly.

The two had avoided each other in anyway they could, only seeing each other at dinners. But it seemed easy. Maybe they could do this for the rest of time. Maybe they didn't have a acknowledge what happened. Maybe—

The Palace was hurried in preparations for the upcoming ball, which should announce the engagement of Lady Kaarina and Prince Thor. But up in her chambers, Kaarina lamely sat in a chair, thinking deeply to herself with her brows knitted together.

"Am I making a mistake?" Kaarina asked, glancing up to Rune, who was busy looking through gowns to wear for the ball, "I should have never agreed to this courtship..."

"Oh, Rina," Rune murmured, glancing back at her sister, "Always with the dramatics. Prince Thor is charming and dashing. And Triston is adorable. You hadn't made a mistake...actually, if anything, you've made the most perfect decision."

Kaarina softly smiled at her before Rune went back to choosing a gown. But with her back turned back to her, Kaarina's smile dropped right back into a worrisome frown.

The chambers of Prince Loki was stilling quiet as he gazed out the window, his eyes frozen on the spot. The spot where it all happened. He hadn't even moved when his brother had waltzed in, ranting about something Loki rather didn't care about. Probably about fighting, or Triston, or Sif, or even all of the above.

"Brother?" And Loki's attention was pulled back to his blonde brother when his hand was placed on his shoulder, "You seem out of it. In fact, for the past week, you've been keeping to yourself — which is honestly not that uncommon for you, but...you seem...not yourself."

"I'm fine," Loki grumbled, shoving Thor's hand off of him, walking to the other side of his chamber to grab a book, "What do you want? Still upset about Lady Kaarina?"

"I'm not upset," Thor quickly corrected, "I just thought...it's what she wanted as well. Who doesn't want to be Queen? I mean..." the blonde scoffed while Loki wanted to roll his eyes, "But her mind seems somewhere else. I assumed I'd be announcing an engagement at the ball."

"Well...there are plenty of other women in Asgard who would want to be Queen," Loki told him, and Thor stared at him stunned, "We can find another suitor."

"But I'm sure none of them can actually be Queen," Thor told him, "Lady Kaarina is graceful and smart. And beautiful..." Loki's lips fumbled as he fiddled with the book in his hand, "She is the perfect option. Lady Kaarina. I can...keep her safe, and secure...the people already love her. Just as Mother and Miss Revna have said...she's a perfect Queen."