𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

❝ and i wanna kiss you, make you feel alright, i'm just so tired to share my nights ❞

and i wanna kiss you, make you feel alright, i'm just so tired to share my nights

༺ ❖ ༻
chapter two,
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

——— ON ASGARD, Lidianna was striding through the hallways leading towards the throne room, about to turn a different direction towards a staircase when—

SLAM!

The great doors of the throne room pushed open, almost slamming itself behind, pulling Lidianna attention towards it. An angered King Odin Allfather stormed out from it, with a guard trailing behind him.

The Princess's eyes followed as the two walked past her, wondering what caused the Grandfather to look so angry, so heated. She just watched as the men walked off in the direction they came for several minutes, until the Princess's confused expression dropped.

He knows...

She didn't know how he knew, but he knew. He knew what his sons and grandson were doing.

The lecture Loki gave his daughter completely threw out the window when she began to fiercely follow her grandfather. Afterall, Lidianna may be just a Princess, but she was also a Goddess with powers similar to her father's. She knew she could take care of herself if needed.

Lidianna crossed the beautiful Rainbow Bridge all on her own, leading up to Heimdall's Observatory. She thought she would catch up with her grandfather, but he was far too quick. When she reached the Observatory, the old King had already gone to Jotunheim, the Bifrost closed to her. She huffed annoyed, even more so when Heimdall, the Gatekeeper of Asgard, refused to re-open it for her.

On Jotunheim, lightning struck down from the sky, and Triston could only know it was from his father. But whatever his father did to summon the lightning, would not help his son and friends' favor. The crack of ice moved out to where Triston and the comrades were running, breaking up the ground beneath them, exposing the black void of space below. "What's Father done now?" Triston asked.

"Likely killed us all!" Loki snapped.

As the Jotuns raced towards the Asgardians, they opened their mouths wide, breathing out an ice fog. The swirling mists quickly engulfed the fleeing Asgardians before them as they stood in the mist, unable to see. Hogun took a step back but the ice cracked beneath him. They dared not move for fear of falling through, into the void below.

Suddenly, Thor crashed before his son and comrades in the shroud of mists. "Loki, we have to see," Thor said.

Loki raised his arms, concentrating, and the mists dissipated. But as they do, the Asgardians saw before them the faces of the Frost Giants. And there were hundreds of them — too many, even for a God of Strength. "Actually, could you bring the mists back, please?" Volstagg asked Loki.