𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐞

❝ and there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melody

and there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melody. it won't leave my head

༺ ❖ ༻
chapter eight,
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐃𝐈𝐕𝐄

——— IT WASN'T LONG until Loki and Lidianna were chained up again, back on the Quinjet. Both Steve and Tony pulled their daughters away from the ramp, away from the dangerous Gods, which the girls were both annoyed over.

It was soon that the jet arrived on a very large flying transportation called the Helicarrier. There, dozens of SHIELD police escorted Loki and Lidianna throughout it, who were in handcuffs. But Loki was grinning.

As they passed a lab, a man named Doctor Banner stopped working on the Loki's scepter and looked up right as Loki and Lidianna passed by. Loki eyed him as he walked, nodding and smiling before Doctor Banner began to rub his head.

Led into a detention section, Loki and Lidianna were now free from their cuffs and were contained in a large glass cell held by hydraulic rigs. As the two glanced around, Director Fury stepped inside, and approached a nearby control panel.

"In case it's unclear..." and the two glanced back at him, curious looks over them, "You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass," he then pressed a button which opened up a hatch underneath Loki and Lidianna's cell. Together, they peered over as much as they could from the glass.

Without seeing, the sounds of gusting wind gave them a pretty good idea of how terrifying below them was. "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?!" Fury snapped before the hatch closed.

Loki and Lidianna glanced back at him just to find him pointing a finger at them. "Ant." And then he pointed at the button which would drop the two into the steel trap. "Boot."

"It's an impressive cage, truly," Lidianna complimented, "I have one almost just like it back home, for my three-headed dog, Cerberus. Grandfather— Sorry...Odin Allfather got it for me from Hades. Quite proud actually."

"Your point?" Fury asked.

"My point, Director Fury, is that, this is not built for us," Lidianna sternly said.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you," Fury said.

"Oh, we've heard," Loki said before he creepily glanced into the security camera, knowing Doctor Banner was most likely watching. He turned his attention back to the Director before continuing on, "The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I?" Fury questioned, "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fine. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."