𝐗𝐗: 𝐀 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂 𝐄𝐍𝐃

——— A TRAGIC END ———

❝   I still love him, just as he was

   I still love him, just as he was. Asgardian or Jotun, why can't you—? 

TRIGGER WARNINGS: blood, violence, death

——— KAARINA WALKED INTO HER BED CHAMBERS, fiddling with her lapis necklace around her neck, her thoughts only of her husband. And then her eye sights were as well when she caught him at their desk. She gazed at him contently as he looked her way, hearing her footsteps. His face lit up in a smile, getting up from his spot. "Hello, darling," he said, walking up to her as she stammered a smile. He pulled her close to him as she stared up at him, her brown eyes sparkling in adoration. "Lidianna asleep?"

"Yes, and Triston," Kaarina told him, continuing to stare at him like he was her entire world. Because he and Lidianna were her entire existence. Perhaps that was why she was having such a hard time accepting the truth...

Loki was taken back when Kaarina suddenly leaned upwards, cupping his face as she pressed a gentle kiss on him. A kiss that hardened desperately. He grinned against her, holding her tighter.

"I love you," she whispered on his lips when they parted. She averted her eyes from his lips up to his gorgeous blue eyes. "There's no one else my heart can beat for."

He closed the distance between them, pressing another kiss on her lips. She almost whined when he parted from her, smiling at her small pout. "I need to make sure everything is ready for Lidianna's ball," he told her, beginning to back away from her.

"I can do that—"

"No, no," Loki quickly said, "You do enough around here. Even tucking in a child who isn't yours. I'll do this."

Kaarina smiled at him before nodding. He then brought her palm to his lips, kissing her soft hand. He looked back at her, a sly grin on him, "I'll just be a moment, my Lady."

"I'll be here, Your Highness," she said.

She watched as he slowly left the room, the two continuing to hold hands until they couldn't reach anymore and let go. And once alone, a saddened frown came across the woman. She needed to know the truth...

Kaarina had only been in the Palace's vault a few times, usually to pick Lidianna and Triston up from their lessons with their Grandfather. But stepping inside by herself, the Princess felt unnerved.

Carefully closing the large doors behind her, Kaarina slowly headed into the vault, glancing around at the treasures. Many things filled this room, like a large golden gauntlet, the Tablet of Life and Time, the Tuning Fork, The Warlock's Eye. But the one treasure that Kaarina came looking for was at the end of the large vault; The Casket of Ancient Winters.