𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐧

❝ and if somebody hurts you, i wanna fight

and if somebody hurts you, i wanna fight. but my hand's been broken one too many times

༺ ❖ ༻
chapter four,
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐓𝐔𝐍

——— THE NEXT MORNING, sitting in the healing room, Volstagg ate ravenously from a platter of food while Lady Sif stood nearby, ill at ease. Fandral watched Volstagg incredulously as the large warrior stuffed himself.

Finally, Fandral couldn't stand it anymore. "Our dearest friend banished, accompanied by Sif's son, Loki on the throne, Lidianna turned dark, Asgard on the brink of war, yet you managed to consume four wild boar, six pheasants, a side of beef, and two casks of ale. Shame on you! Don't you care?!" he snapped before he moved to throw the platter in the fireplace, but Volstagg pulled his weapon, stopping him.

"Do not mistake my appetite for apathy," Volstagg said.

"Stop it, both of you!" Lady Sif shouted and they both backed off, "Have you told Lady Rune yet? About what's happening to Lidianna?"

"No," Fandral muttered, "Not like she'd listen to me anyway. She's still angry with over what I said before."

"Then we all know what we have to do, we're just too damned afraid to do it!" Lady Sif said.

"We must go," Hogun said, "We must find Thor and Triston," he then began to pull the delicate healing stones from the fire, carefully putting them into a pouch at his side.

"It's treason, Hogun," Fandral said.

"To hell with treason, it's susicide," Volstagg said, then he became suddenly nervous, "Now, shh! Heimdall may be watching! It's said he can hear—"

"Yes, yes, we know!" Fandral snapped.

"Thor and my son would do the same for us," Lady Sif said, but abruptly, an Einherjar Guard entered the room and they all tensed.

"Heimdall demands your presence," the guard said before he left.

Volstagg quickly drained his flagon of ale. "We're doomed," he muttered.

Lady Sif and the Warriors Three entered Heimdall's Observatory warily to find the intimidating man standing before the Observatory's controls. He glared at them accusingly. "Good Heimdall, let us explain—"

"You would defy the commands of Loki our King, break every oath you have taken as warriors, and commit treason to bring Thor and Triston back?" Heimdall asked as the four exchanged nervous glances.

"Yes, but—"

"Good," Heimdall said and the group looked puzzled. What did he just say?

"So you'll help us?" Volstagg asked.