୨⎯ HE IS HERE ⎯୧

Y/N felt constrained. They were heaving. There was a lot of pressure on them for some reason, and with a loud gasp, Y/N sat up swiftly and opened their eyes. They promptly checked their body for any wounds; marks; bumps; or bruises then held their face with a nervous sigh. Y/N awoke in their bed. They looked around to make sure they were at home and seemed well tucked in. Lelouch was curled up near their legs, resting as if nothing happened. 'What even was that..?' Y/N thought to themselves as they lowered their hands to their lap. Was everything they witnessed a bizarre hallucination? It felt all too real. The thoughts of what Y/N could remember from the night before sent shivers down their spine.

If it was a massive hallucination, then Y/N quietly went to bed following their nightly regiment and had an unexpected nightmare during the night. Yeah, just a simple nightmare; nothing in a nightmare is real since the brain is playing games or transforming harmless sights into unsettling ones. Y/N let out a groan as they clenched their throbbing skull. The lights looking in from the curtains down onto the ground made it seem morning has arrived. Y/N placed a hand alongside the bed to feel for their phone on the nightstand, which is where they usually put it when they go to bed. It was missing for some reason. "Huh? Could've sworn I left it here.." After checking the small drawer underneath the nightstand, it wasn't there either.

The last place Y/N remembered leaving their phone was in the bedroom last night, so why would it suddenly vanish? Y/N assumed it had fallen under the bed or between the gaps. As Y/N removed the blanket from their bodies, they took a step off their bed, followed by the other, and came to a halt when they heard shuffling. It was only Lelouch waking up and making early biscuits on the bedsheets, as stiff as Y/N was from it. "Geez.." Y/N shook their head at the fluffy kitten before ducking down to see whether their phone had fallen beneath the bed. Y/N put one of their hands inside, swiping around the ground in the hopes of grabbing something.

A soft, slightly fuzzy thing brushed past Y/N's hand, causing them to stop and twitch at the sensation. It wasn't how their phone felt, and they hoped damn well it wasn't some kind of animal either. Y/N was reluctant, but pushed their hand farther inside, only to have their hand touched again. Two fingers appeared to be stroking Y/N's palm as if reading a fortune. In astonishment, Y/N drew their hand from beneath the bed and hugged it close to their breast. There has to be something lurking beneath the bed. Before Y/N could even drop their heads to look, they heard a slight thump from the far-left side of their bed and the phone suddenly appeared laying on the ground.

Y/N turned to face the source of the noise, tilting their head down to see their phone on the floor. It sounded like it had been pushed over, but when Y/N heard a small 'meow,' they realized it was Lelouch's doing. As they collected their phone and rose up off the ground, Y/N let out a big sigh that quickly developed into a tremendous groan. This day is already turning out to be strange as hell. Y/N stormed into their bathroom, instantly turning on the lights to check that they were operating properly and that the mirror was as clear as day. Everything appeared to be normal.

"If this place is haunted, I'm getting out of here as soon as possible." Y/N stated this, however in today's world, changing locations would be almost hard, and saving $600 per month is preferable to paying $2000 for a cubicle-sized flat. If Y/N could go anywhere, it would be somewhere serene and safe. At least, that's the fantasy. To distract themselves, Y/N washed themselves up in the shower, cranking the water to their preferred warmth. The door made a tiny creaking noise during their shower, especially when Y/N was washing their face. Y/N swears the door was shut when they walked in.

Y/N had no idea they were being closely listened to ever when they first hearted that one image. Y/N started to hear the door slowly open more, which made them nervous enough to quickly wash their face and peek out the edge of the shower curtain to see who was there. Nothing was there, as usual, although the door appeared to be open. Y/N took a deep inhale, straining for a minute as their eyes stung from the residual soap. They returned to the shower to cleanse their eyes before hearing the soft rustling of the shower curtains.

They kept quiet, brushing the excess water from their face with their hands, and turned their head to the shower curtain to see an obscure figure standing on the other side. That's when the lights in the bathroom started to flicker and dim. When it appeared that the dark silhouette was getting closer to the shower, Y/N hitched their breath. 'No..no, no—' Y/N sank down to their knees, gripping their body in protection as they shivered faintly in dread, suddenly defenseless and exposed. The dark figure moved to the side briefly, inching towards the corner of the curtain that offers a small peep gap. Y/N slid slightly away from the shower's wall, now grasping a shower scrub in defense.

The shower curtain appeared to be lifted slightly, showing one of the dark figure's viciously glaring eyes on Y/N. "Hello, neighbor~..." That's when Y/N lets out a guttural scream and raises the shower scrub, ready to bash. The unknown figure jumped partially in response of the scream, and before Y/N knew it, they had stuck the thing on the head with their eyes closed and heard a tremendous thump on the ground as a result. Y/N panted heavily, mindful not to slip on any soap, and peered under the shower curtain to see who it was.

The first thing Y/N noticed was a large heart on the underside of each of their shoes, followed by their tri-colored slacks and blue cardigan. They didn't even appear human. Perhaps Y/N was just seeing things again. But no matter how hard Y/N closed their eyes to make this thing go away, when they opened their eyes, it was still there, lifeless. "No way! I just killed them!" They said, now turning off the running water of the shower head and grabbed a nearby towel. "I'm going to jail!" Y/N panicked as they realized they had basically stuck someone's head with all their strength and now had a crime scene on their bathroom floor. Could this day get any crazier?