୨⎯WELCOME HOME⎯୧

You never thought this day would come.

It was when you were out cold, unmoving and unconscious, drifting in your dark consciousness. But there was something odd with this gloom. It wasn't the typical 'close your eyes, shut your mouth, dream a dream, and get us out' darkness. This seemed purposefully done. You wanted to look around. You needed to open your eyes, but they were not your own. Just two black pupils staring back at you as if they were drawn by you.

For a split second, you thought those two pairs of floating eyes in your mind's blackness were trembling. The more it stared at you, the more it trembled wildly. All you wanted to do was get up—get up before they got you. Those familiar eyes got closer and closer until a vividly colored cartoonish butterfly landed on your face. Its little insect legs jolted you awake enough that the winged insect flew away briefly from your agitated state.

It took you a few moments to actually settle down. After everything you've gone through, you need to take a time to figure out what's going on right now. Consider your environment. You appeared to be lying on a bed of lush green grass that was brighter and healthier than the dried yellow patches of grass you see in your real-life neighborhood. There were strangely colored trees all around you, as if you were in a deep forest, and you seemed fuzzier... than usual. You've seen this all before. You have seen this on the website—the website where it all started to go downhill. You were inside the lost world of Welcome Home.

You can now freak out again. Your memory was still hazy, and you could only barely recall the last thing you saw—a hand reaching out to you. The last thing you wanted was to end up in a world you didn't want to end up in—at least not the 'Digital Circus', which would have been a different story. You were terrified and unsure about what could happen now. Looking down around at yourself, you notice that you're wearing brown overalls, a long-sleeved tri-color sweater with 'Y/N' printed on the middle pocket, a small butterfly hair-clip, and retro-looking sneakers. Your skin tone was grey. This was not the same as the real you.

The sun appeared to be streaming down through the dense foliage of the colorful trees. The mood in this woodland was strangely serene, but you were fortunate to land in a more open area. Looking up, you noticed the same cartoonish butterfly flew above you, and you swear you've seen this 'bug' before. Its eyes seemed to be fixed on you, as if it didn't care who you were or where you came from. Since it was the only thing around you could ask for help, it was worth shooting it a question.

"Can you lead me out of this place?" There is no answer, or none that you can understand. The butterfly remained focused on you, its wings racing and antennas writhing in excitement. The butterfly appeared to begin flying in a specified direction, occasionally halting to allow you to follow them. Of course, curiosity was your adversary- you followed, and you didn't want to be alone. You had the impression that you were being observed regardless of what you did. The butterfly led you out of the dense, colorful forest and into the same neighborhood you've seen being restored piece by piece on the internet. However, the last time you saw it, it was a little more spiffied up. As if everything had been updated.

The overall impression of this area was realism, but the reality appeared to be contrived as if it were the original aim. Before turning to face you, the friendly winged critter led you through a more grassy portion of the neighborhood. You got a good look at it this time, and it was a sight to witness with your own eyes. It appeared to have a predetermined objective and opted to float wherever the wind took it. You were now on your own. You began to consider all possibilities: being cool and straight up meeting the neighbors, going to see your favorite neighbor, getting answers to your inquiries, or figuring out a way out of here. 

You tried pinching yourself or closing your eyes in cause you were just hallucinating really badly but it was to no avail. 'Dream Theory' is obviously out of the question. Not-so-subtle footsteps were following you while you were engrossed by your many thoughts. It appeared to multiply by two now. Who could it possibly be? A hand comes out to you and briefly pats you on the back before you turn around in defense mode. Your eyes widened as you were presented to the first two neighbors. They were surprised by your nervousness, but relaxed when you didn't appear to be a threat.