Chapter 13: "If it makes me a better healthcare companion..."

"Are...we...there yet?" I panted as we walked up yet another steep slope, "Baymax, can you give me a piggy back or something?"

"No. Ha ha," Baymax laughed.

"You really need to stop hanging out with GoGo. You're supposed to be my healthcare companion and this isn't really great for my health."

"Correction - you need some exercise, Hiro."

"Baymax!" I protested, "I'm a super hero! I get plenty of exercise!"

"But-" I cut Baymax off before he could go all 'smarty pants' on me.

"Just give me a piggy back."

"If it makes me a better healthcare companion..." Baymax hesitated but gave me a ride anyway.

Fifteen minutes later we turned yet another corner. As we did, I felt a painful pang in my chest.

"H-Hiro? Is this supposed to be happening?" Honey Lemon stopped in her tracks.

We'd come to a dead end. All this time, practically half a day, and we come to a dead end.

"No," I dragged out what I said, looking for a way around.

"Hiro, there's no use," GoGo spun me around to look at her, "There's no way through. There's no way under, or over... Unless we want to destroy the whole mountain."

"GoGo, this isn't a time for jokes!" I hissed, batting her away from me, "I can't lose aunt Cass!"

"Hiro, listen!" She pulled me back to face her, "We're not going to lose her. We'll get to her!"

"At least you aren't making promises like someone," I shot a venomous glare Tadashi's way.

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm trying to be a supportive brother!" He snapped.

"Well, you're not being very realistic! You can't be sure you're not going to die! Or that we'll ever get aunt Cass back!"

"I'm trying to be positive! Unlike you!"

"At least I didn't pretend I was dead!"

"Boys! Stop! Now!" GoGo pulled us away from each other before we could claw at each other even more. Tadashi took a step back and went silent.

I turned my back and walked the way we came in with the rest of the team.

"If I didn't, you could've died," Tadashi spoke quietly, although it was loud enough for me to hear, but before I could answer, GoGo spoke up.

"Are you two done!? We're trying to find your aunt, so shut up or we're going home!" GoGo has never been this strict with us, usually sarcastic, but not strict.

Fred and Wasabi signalled for me to come over to them, so, reluctantly I did.

"Dashi, come here," Honey Lemon slowed her pace so Tadashi could catch up to her. When he was at her side, she hugged him.

"It's okay, 'Dashi. It's just stress, you didn't mean it. Did you?"

After a moment's hesitation, "I don't know," was his reply. With that, Honey swung her arm over his shoulder.

"We'll find aunt Cass," she smiled.