Chapter 3: Tadashi

5:00..time to leave SFIT. Baymax and I walked home together for a change. We walked past the alleyway where I had that botfight when Tadashi saved me from Yama.

"Scan complete" Baymax alerted.

"Scan? What did you scan?"

"There seems to be someone in that building" Baymax pointed towards an abandoned warehouse. "Someone is hurt"

"Well, whatcha waiting for? We have to help them"

"It might be dangerous. I cannot risk you getting hurt Hiro" Baymax stood in my way.

"No Baymax. Someone has to help" I repeated Tadashi's last words.

I looked around for an entrance. Nothing. Not even a window.

"There is an air duct" Baymax pointed to a way in.

"Great!" I climbed in with Baymax behind me.

I began to hear voices.

"I can't keep doing this!" A male voice yelled. He sounded in pain.

"But you have to! Otherwise I'll kill the ones you love most!" Another voice shouted wickedly.

"But they're practically dead already! I didn't die! But they think I did! Please! Let me go!"

"Never!" I heard a bashing noise and then silence.

I peeped through a hole in the air duct.

A man lay on the floor, holding his arm in agony. He looked over at the other man.

"If I never get out of here, I'll make sure you don't either" he growled as he rose to his legs but fell back down, clutching his arm tighter.

"Ha! Good luck with that!" The other man left. Now was my chance.

"Hey, are-are you alright, sir?" I asked.

"No. Ow" he rubbed his arm.

Baymax stepped forward.

"Hello. I am Baymax, Hiro's personal healthcare companion. Tadashi programmed me to heal the sick and injured"

"Hiro?" The man tilted his head to the side. "Baymax!"

I took a close look at the man. He had black hair like mine and brown eyes. I moved to stand beside Baymax when my life turned the right way up for the first time since Tadashi died. A smile spread across my face.

"TADASHI!!"