Chapter 5: Back Home

I watched as Tadashi took a deep breath before walking into the cafe.

"Aunt Cass?" We both called out.

"Coming Hiro!" You could hear her rushing down the stairs. "You're home late-" she stopped at the end of the stairs when she saw Tadashi.

"I'm seeing things" she wiped her face with a tea towel.

"Hey..aunt Cass" Tadashi waved. She remained still. Mochi waddled down the stairs and meowed at the sight of Tadashi, and came and nudged his leg.

"Hey Mochi. Missed you" he picked up the fat cat and gave him a hug.

Aunt Cass was still frozen. "You're not seeing things, aunt Cass" I laughed. "It's Tadashi. He's really here!"

She slowly walked towards him and touched his cheek gently with her finger.

"Tadashi?"

"I missed you" he launched into a hug. Aunt Cass hugged back.

"But you..died"

"Actually.."

"Tell me the whole thing. This is a cause for celebration!" She gathered up some pastries and set them out for Tadashi and I.

Mochi came and plopped down beside Tadashi and gave a meow.

"How could I forget?" He handed Mochi a pastry, which didn't last too long.

"Ah..it's good to be back" he sighed.

Later, after Tadashi explained the whole ordeal to aunt Cass, we walked to our room.

He pulled the room divider away and sniffed in the scent of his room. "Hmm. It still smells the same"

"Yeah, stinky, like you" I laughed. Tadashi laughed too.

"I'm also surprised that you didn't tear it down and expand your own room" he laughed again.

"Well, I needed something to remind me of you"

Tadashi ruffled my hair. "Aww. How adorable? And you're wearing my cap" He pulled it off with a smile, then threw himself on the bed, wrinkling the sheets for the first time in two years.

"So, Hiro, care to tell me what you've been up to since I left?" He stretched his arms and set them beside him on the pillow.

"Okay, but, it's gonna take a while" I smiled.

"Your life couldn't have been too interesting in the past two years, surely"

"Oh yeah? Well, what if I told you I became a real super hero?"