matching hair

Pov Tara: 

I'm currently at my and Sams apartment we were watching a movie with Quinn and Chad. I texted Lia a few times now but got no answer, so now i'm  trying to call her. She doesn't answer any of my calls either. 

"Why are you still trying to call her." I hear Chad say, he sounded a bit harsh. "Because I told her i'd call her, so I am." I tell him and it's true I wouldn't want her to think I forgot or something, I also just need to know if she's alright. "I just don't understand why you even bother, after all she's done, why waist your time on her? She's probably to busy replacing you anyway" I know Chad hasnt forgiven Lia for what she did, but this is going a bit far. We agreed to not tell anyone what happened in Woodsboro and now he's making Lia look bad in front of Quinn. 

"It's not replacing, she can have her own friends you know." I tell him defending Lia. I have Chad and Mindy, she also deserves to make some friends that's why we came here, to start over. "I think i'm going to bed now, goodnight." I say before going to my room trying to call her one more time, when finally she answers. 

"Hello?" That isn't Lia, I don't recognize the voice, it's someone else. "Who is this?" I ask the person soon enough realising it's probably one of her roommates. "It's Anika, we all fell asleep while watching some movie, but i'll tell Lia you called when she wakes up." 

"Yeah, thanks. Just tell her to give me call when she can." I tell her to which she answers. "Will do." we say our goodbye and I lay in bed staring at the ceiling when I get a message, it says it's from Lia so I immediatly open it 

the picture:

It was a picture of Lia sleeping next to Brooke who has her arm around Lia

It was a picture of Lia sleeping next to Brooke who has her arm around Lia. I smile seeing how peaceful Lia lays there, but at the same time i'm jealous it's not me who's holding her.  

Pov Lia: 

I wake up and carefully get up trying to not wake up Brooke or Anika. I went to look for my phone which isn't where I left it yesterday. I look around the room for a bit when I hear one of the girls wake up. "What are you doing?" Anika asks me now also getting up.

"I can't find my phone anywhere." She points to the nightstand that is next to her and I see my phone "Sorry, you got a caller last night so I answered for you, hope you don't mind. You should probably call your girlfriend back though." She says with the same smile she always has, one thing I learned is that Anika is literally the sweetest person alive. She always has a big smile on her face and I haven't heard one bad word coming out of her mouth. 

"Thank you for doing that." I say as I go over to her to grab my phone checking my messages, as I see the picture Anika must have send her. it is me and Brooke sleeping. I smile at it, knowing I haven't slept that well in a while now. I feel comfortable with them, it's the first time i've felt truely comfortable with anyone other than Tara since I lost Amber. I'm glad I found them, I think we will be very good friends. 

I sit back down on the bed and I go to Tara's contact and decide to text her instead of calling her because I don't know if she's awake yet and I don't want to wake her up if she's still asleep.

Lia: Hey love, sorry I missed your call. Have any plans today?

Tara: Yea going out with Chad

Lia: Have fun today

Tara: You too 

She's with Chad, again. I get it they're friends but I really think that Chad does like her as more than just a friend. I'm usually not the jealous type but right now I am. That's my girl and nobody is gonna steal her from me.

I could feel Brooke turning around next to me as she lays her head in my lap looking up to me with her big blue eyes. "We could show you around New York a bit today." Brooke said as she looks wide awake now. "Than I suggest we all get ready." Brooke gets up and she looks excited before she suggest. "We should all braid eachothers hair, so we can all match."

I look down and my whole mood changing from happy to sad and they must have noticed as Brooke took my hand. "Did I say something wrong?" Brooke asks me and I shake my head. "It's just, my sister used to always braid my hair." I tell them, they don't know who my sister is.

Brooke and Anika both react at the same time "We don't have to do it." "What happened with your sister." Of course Brooke is more straight forward and I don't feel like lying to them, I trust them.  "She died. It was a few weeks ago, an accident." Not a total lie It's just that I don't want to tell them about ghostface as I want that to be in the past. 

"We'll show you all the best places today." Anika says to change the subject which I am thankful for. For the rest of the day the two dragged me all around New York to show me all of their favorite places.