just a place of comfort

over these next six months a lot has happened now let's start from the beginning. 

first month

it was the first month where everything was going pretty good, everyone was settling in well. Lia was starting to form a good friendship with her two roommates and she was getting used to New York. She would go over to Tara and Sam's apartment every other day.

It was very noticeable that Lia didn't like the way Tara and Chad were spending a lot of time together. Of course Lia didn't say anything to anyone but to her roommates it was just so obvious. Anika and Brooke would sometimes bring it up, only for Lia to tell them to drop it.

The three were all sitting on Brookes bed talking when Anika shows them Mindy's story. "Are you kidding me." Brooke said as they look at the phone, it shows her being at a party with Tara and Chad. Tara and Chad were extreemly close, dancing together. "Lia, you deserve so much better than this." Brooke tells her and Anika adds to it "She spends way more time with him than with you, that's like not cool."

She knew they were right about all of this. "I don't want anything other than her. I didn't throw away my life just to give up on us." Lia killed her own sister for Tara, she wasn't going to accept it that easily. Yeah Lia was distant with Tara, but for good reasons she literally just lost her sister. Lia loves Tara more than anything but she finds it hard to show it when all she can think about when she's around Tara is her sister, how she killed her.  

third month

They all started going to collage and that is where it all started going downwards. Anika got to know Mindy and they started dating not so long after. With them dating that meant they would hang out a lot bringing their friends along. Lia tried to mostly ignore it, avoiding Mindy and Chad as much as she could it ending up in her mostly surounding herself with Brooke. 

Lia and Brooke they got really close, much closer than they were with any other of their friends. Like it was just a normal sunday and they were watching a movie together, Lia laying her head in Brookes lap looking up at her. "Why are you looking at me like you wanna ask me something?" Brooke asks her as she smiles down at the girl. "Would you maybe braid my hair?" Lia asks her "Of course." Brooke answered smiling, knowing how important this is for Lia "Anything for you." 

It was also Brooke who was by her side as rumours started going around about Lia. Apparently some asshole started to spread this theorie about, how Lia was the true killer back in Woodsboro. So that also came crashing down on her, everyone found out about who she really was. Luckily neither of her roommates cared much about it and totally supported her. She couldn't say the same about the other people in New York as some would be afraid to look her way or other would call her a murderer or call Amber a killer which was even worse for her. 

Lia spend days in her room not leaving it for anything or anyone. Brooke was the one who was there right by her side, holding her through all of it. Not Tara, no she was actually so caught up in her own things she didn't notice how bad her girlfriend was doing. 

fourth month

Lia and Tara were hanging out in Tara's room watching a movie, when Lia noticed Tara was only focused on her phone for half the movie now. "Is your phone really that important?" Lia asked her as a joke "It's Chad, we are just planning out what we are going to do this weekend." Something inside of Lia snapped and she got up walking towards the bedroom door. "Where are you going?" Tara asked her.

"I'm going home. It seems like you don't really want to spend time with me anyway." Lia tells her opening the door and Tara just laughs "You're serious. Of course I wanna spend time with you." Tara said putting her phone away.

"You've literally only been busy with Chad this whole time, If you rather spend time with him i'm not stopping you." Lia tells her and Tara gets up walking to Lia. "I can't have other friends besides you now?" Tara asks Lia looking into her eyes. "Is that what you are 'friends'. You're a little close for friends, aren't you?" Lia asks her and Tara shakes her head not believing what is going on. "Get over it Lia, you have Brooke,don't you? I don't complain about her either."

"You don't even ask me to do anything with you anymore, you just make plans to go out with Chad instead." Lia tells her as calm as she possibly could. "Because you don't want to go out with me!" Tara yells at Lia annoyed. "Yeah! Because everywhere I go I get called a killer!" Lia yells back at her tears now forming in her eyes. "I'm afraid to leave my own apartment! It's not like you would know or understand, you've been to busy with you!" Lia yells and storms out of Tara's room with Tara right behind her. Tara's other roommates now listening to all of it. "Lia, come on, Where are you going?" Tara asked the girl calmly 

"To Brooke, atleast she'd make time for me."Lia says before storming out of the apartment crying. 

As the month went on Lia had gotten a bit better and altough people would still accuse her of being a killer she ignored it. She knew it was all bullshit, people just love to put people down. They did it with Lia first and soon after they did it with Sam too. 

fifth month

Around this time the friendgroup was getting a lot closer. the friendgroup exist out of Sam, Tara, Chad, Mindy, Anika, Ethan, Quinn, Brooke and Lia. They would all hang out a lot. 

Ever since Tara and Lia had their big fight Tara tried apologize to Lia, realizing maybe she was right. Tara hadn't been there for her girlfriend when she said she would be and even though she's grateful Lia had someone like Brooke, she couldn't quite ignore the way Brooke looked at her girlfriend.

As they started to hang out more together Tara noticed Brooke always being by Lia's side either holding her hand or falling asleep next to her or hugging her or kissing her temple and she even noticed the braids in Lia's hair. Lia wouldn't let Tara do her hair but she let Brooke, that made her jealous. 

Tara didn't like Brooke out of jealousy, to her it was different from her and Chad. Tara and Chad are just friends, Tara is just trying to move on from what happened. In Tara's mind what is going on with Lia and Brooke is more as she knows Brooke likes Lia. 

In Lia's mind Brooke is just a place of comfort, someone she can go to when she's lost.