Too busy

A ringing sound echoed throughout the bedroom. Wally checked his pockets and briskly walked there. His phone was on top of the drawer. He tiptoed and with much effort, managed to get it. It was his workplace. Wally sweated a little and answered the phone call.

Y/N observed him while he talked to his boss. He was still the same workaholic. Y/N walked to the kitchen and put on her apron. It had cherry blossom patterns all over it. Wally had noticed her looking at it and bought it for her. It has been years since then. Y/N slapped her cheeks.

She got all the equipment out as well as the ingredients. She started to peel the potatoes first. She noticed something was tugging her apron but ignored it. She was too deep in thought to care. She thought about what she and Wally did the past years. They did not go on many holidays nor anywhere else. She could hardly remember what they did during them anyway. She only remembered reading a book or watching shows on the couch.

"Y/N!" Wally called out.

Y/N jumped and looked at him. He had his hand clenching onto her apron. His eyes were full of concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Y/N shifted her head away and nodded. Wally grabbed her hand. It was trembling slightly. He looked up at her. She was avoiding his gaze.

"What's wrong, my dear? Please tell me." Wally said as he held her hand tightly.

Y/N exhaled calmly and shook her head.

"It's nothing. I was just thinking about something." She answered.

"Care to tell me about it?" Wally asked as he grabbed a potato.

Y/N smiled softly and passed him a peeler.

"It really is nothing. So what did you say to your boss?" She said.

Wally frowned. Well, his smile got smaller. For some reason, his mouth was stuck as a smile. He hoped it did not seem too unnerving for Y/N. Moreover, he suspected that she was trying to hide something from him. Was she maybe...pregnant? Wally felt his smile broaden. He loved children. He had always dreamt that one day he would have some of his own. It would have been a dream come true if she was pregnant.

"Well, I told them I was sick and needed leave. Imagine if I just strode in like this. Their eyes would be bulging out from their eye sockets." Wally chuckled.

Y/N giggled softly. She wanted so badly to tell him what was on her mind but she could not bring herself to. She feared it would break into an arguement. She had never seen Wally mad before and she does not plan to.

Wally got closer to Y/N with the biggest smile plastered on his face.

"You've been having any cravings lately?" He asked.

"Hm...Yeah! New books." Y/N said.

"No, no, no! As in food cravings!" Wally added.

"Oh, nope. Wait, actually, I've been yearning to eat some sushi." Y/N licked her lips.

Wally' smile got wider.

"I'll go order sushi then!" He exclaimed as he hurried to turn on his phone.

"But don't you want Shepherd's Pie?" Y/N asked.

"We can have both!" Wally shrieked.

Wally Darling x reader (female)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara