Adoption?

Finally, they had arrived at the restaurant. The restaurant was not as crowded as they had expected it to be. There were only a few customers. One of them was resting their head on a table while some of them were busy on their phones. They were probably calling or just reading something. It amazed Wally that people could read on their phones now. However, he still rather read books physically.

Y/N and Wally sat on a table that was close to the window. Both of them liked admiring the passerbys doing their daily routines. Something about it is just so relaxing. It seemed so much more interesting than the mundane indoors of the restaurant. Though the restaurant does have have its little charms such as the cute potted plants and the unique flooring, it is still no match to the outside world. Once they had ordered their drinks and food, they chatted about work, TV shows and life in general. Y/N fidgeted with her fingers for a bit.

"...Do you still want kids?" She asked.

Wally widened his eyes. He grabbed both of Y/N's hands.

"Of course I do but you can't..." Wally looked down.

"...I know but what do you think about adoption?" Y/N asked.

Wally slumped in his seat. "I don't know...What if the kids don't like us? And worse, if they think we don't love them?"

Y/N hesitated on answering his questions. She did not think about it before. She inhaled deeply before exhaling.

"Well, we have to try, don't we? Even if they don't like us, it will be fine. We just have to show that we love them." Y/N replied.

Wally frowned. "I guess so..."

Wally groaned as he held his head on his hand. The pain was backed again. This time it was more agonizing than usual. He could hardly think no more. All he could do was focus on the pain terrorizing his head.