Chapter Five: Confusion.

Kageyama sits on a rock on the beach that was the short distance of ten metres away from his grandmother's back door. He always though it was funny how she lived right on the edge of a beach. She doesn't like people or sand and yet she lives right by a beach - even if it is one reserved for the eight home owners along the beach and their guests. It's because of the waves, she says. The sound relaxes her.

He can completely understand that. Even when he visited as a young child, Kageyama loved to sit out here on the rocks and listen to the waves. The only difference now was that his mother allowed him to sit on even the highest rocks which were an absolute no-no when he was little and less coordinated.

The sea was calming and it was nice to just relax and not need to think about anything. Even if he wasn't able to go through with his plan regarding Hinata, Kageyama is pleased with this bank holiday trip. He's only been here three hours but he can already tell it'll be a nice, relaxing weekend.

He'd practise for a few hours each day but mainly he plans on relaxing and sorting through the jumbled mess that is currently his thoughts and feelings.

His mother and grandmother are working on lunch together right now and so he can relax in the sun for at least another hour before he has to move. As an athlete, he's aware it isn't good to sit in one place for an extended time but he can't help wanting to soak up this sun.

Suddenly, a chill runs over Kageyama, the temperature dropping rapidly without warning. He can still feel the pleasant warmth of the sun on his legs, but not his upper body.

Kageyama blinks, becoming aware of the presence above him.

He leans his head back to glare at the person stood there. It's a girl and Kageyama certainly has no patience for them right now. He's not good with girls and, frankly, he doesn't want to be good with them. They're whiny and they steal his chances to praise Hinata. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Kageyama is aware he's being irrational but he doesn't care.

"Kageyama...kun?" The girl speaks slowly as if confused why he's here. Her cheeks are blushed and she looks uncomfortable.

She's wearing a very high end looking bikini, it's a beautiful shade of blue. Royal blue. It matches her big, deep blue eyes and doesn't highlight the fact she's rather pale too much. Her hair is black and it falls just short of her shoulders. She's got a small physique. There's nothing remarkable about her and if they've met before, he's not surprise he doesn't remember her.

"Do I know you?" He questions, none too politely.

She flushes a deep shade of red. Easily embarrassed? With that swimsuit?

"I... Uh..."

"Sayu!" A girl's voice is heard from somewhere behind her. She looks back at the source of the voice before she looks down at Kageyama again.

"I have to go." She quickly explains. "It was nice seeing you, Kageyama-kun." and with that, she runs off without another word.

Kageyama raises an eyebrow before he just grunts and looks back out over the beach. He doesn't remember her and he's not interested in putting the energy into figuring out who she is.

The only thing he does wonder is about her swimsuit. She wore a bikini, a tight fitting one that showed off much skin. Well, few bikini's hid skin but the one she wore was practically revealing. Barely any fabric. Yet she seemed embarrassed just to talk to him. Kageyama couldn't see a girl that shy wearing a bikini like that.

He dismisses it as her being thrown off by him not remembering her.

That night when Kageyama lays in bed and stares up at the ceiling, his mind returns to Hinata. He has so many questions.