Chapter Nine: Adorable.

Kageyama woke up feeling way too warm. As if the heating was on in summer or something stupid like that. Groaning, he goes to sit up so he can cool down but he's stopped, pinned in place by a heavy weight. 

"Huh?" He asks himself as he tries again (failing again) and then he blinks to see what this mysterious warm weight is. 

He stares in confusion when he's greeted with the sight of messy orange hair. What...? Oh. Hinata. They had to share a bed. Kageyama remembers now. And he is definitely not blushing at the memory of his mother coming in and finding them in that position on the floor. Nope, certainly not. Kageyama doesn't blush, no. 

"Hinata. Dumbass! Get off me." Kageyama tries to shove him off again. "Jesus, you're so heavy for someone so bloody small." 

Hinata mumbles something and curls up into a ball. Luckily for Kageyama that made it easier for him to move his arms and after just another moment, Kageyama can breath again and Hinata is sent tumbling to the bedroom floor. Kageyama can't help up smirk a little. This time getting Hinata out of the bed was much more successful. 

"Wah?!" Hinata yells before whining when he lands face first. "Kageeeyamaaaa!"

"I asked nicely before resorting to pushing you." It was a lie but seeing Hinata all worked up was too good to not be mean to him, really. 

"As if!" The shorter boy yells, jumping to his feet into a stance that said he was ready to fight Kageyama. "You'd never be nice!"

Kageyama rolls his eyes before looking to the clock. His eyes widen and he looks back to Hinata. "Shut up, you idiot!" He hisses, pointing at the clock. "Mum and Dad might want to lay in today."

Hinata blinks at the clock before frowning and nodding. "Sorry." He mumbles, moving to sit back on the bed. He then yawns and glances at Kageyama "Why are you up so early?"

"It's half six. It's not that early." He replies with his own frown. 

"It is for Sunday." Hinata stretches before he lets himself fall back on the bed with an adorable smile. 

Adorable? What? Why did I think that? This dumbass isn't adorable! 

"Hey... Hinata?" Kageyama asks, carefully. 

He's had enough of this. All these stupid feelings around Hinata. He needs to sort himself out. He needs to know if this is what a crush is or if this is normal for best friend. Kageyama also really needs to figure out if he likes guys in general or not. 

Woah? Hold up. When did I decide I had feelings for Hinata?! He's Hinata!

"Yeah?" Hinata replies, opening one eye to look up at Kageyama.

"I'm confused about my sexuality."

Both their eyes widen at the blunt statement, the words a shock to them both. 

Fuck. Fuck. He did not mean to say that? Ugh, stupid mouth. Kageyama shifts awkwardly and looks away, not wanting to see Hinata digest the words. He didn't think the boy would be disgusted by the fact Kageyama might like guys but what if he's creeped out by Kageyama being all open? They're not really those kind of friends. 

"Oh. Um.. Okay." Hinata replies, his voice shaking slightly. He's nervous too. "Did- Did you want to talk about it?"

Kageyama shakes his head. Then he nods. 

"Umm..." Hinata is clearly hesitant, seeing that Kageyama is also hesitant and not sure how the other may react if he tried to push him to talk or to not talk. 

Kageyama sighs before taking a deep breath. There's no point trying to subtly pry now. It would be stupid to dance around the subject when he's said it outright. He doesn't want them to be hesitant around each other for the rest of High School, either.

"I do want to talk." He says after a long stretch of silence, avoiding Hinata's eyes as he does. "You said to that girl that you didn't know if you liked guys or girls and I just... wanted to ask if you know or not yet."

Hinata briefly considers his words before he shakes his head. "I haven't yet. I've not really thought about it... Like, what's the point in worrying whether or not I like guys or girls or no one at all? If I end up wanting to be with someone, then that's what I end up wanting. It doesn't matter to me if it's a boy or a girl."

Kageyama relaxes slightly when he realises that Hinata isn't mocking him, he's taking this seriously.

"Isn't that pansexual?" Kageyama asks, glancing at him. 

Hinata looks at him from the side too and they both quickly look away before Hinata shrugs. "I guess so but I don't really care what label is slapped on to me by everyone else. I'm happy being me."

Kageyama stares at Hinata for a few moments, trying to decide if that's a stupid way to think or a really clever one. In the end, he decides that Hinata's positive way of thinking is a good, smart way to live and it's just that Hinata himself is an idiot. 

"You're right..." Kageyama mumbles.

Hinata eyes light up. "Can you say that again? I need to record it. Kageyama Tobio admitting that I am right!" 

Kageyama rolls his eyes fondly. "Shut up, dumbass, and let's go get breakfast."

Hinata nods and jumps off the bed like an excited child while Kageyama just stands. He does smile, though, while his back is facing Hinata. He supposes that at times Hinata is a little bit adorable.

Shaking his head with a smile, Kageyama follows Hinata towards the door.

"Wait, Kageyama?" Hinata asks, stopping at the door and causing Kageyama to walk into him. 

"Ugh. What?"

Hinata pauses. "Why are you confused? Is there someone you like or was it just what I said making yu think?"

Kageyama blinks, staring at the shorter boy. Is there someone I like? 

"I'm not sure." He answers honestly. 

Hinata nods, accepting the answer and not wanting to upset or embarrass his friend. Really, it's unlike their friendship but Hinata rather likes this serious talk. He feels like he's closer to Kageyama for it. Maybe he is. He hopes he is.

Together, they make their way down stairs. Kageyama's grandmother was up and she smiles at them when they enter the kitchen. Kageyama blushes despite himself, wondering if his mother had told anyone. 

"I made breakfast. Help yourself." She gestures to the table. "I'm just finishing up the omelettes." 

Hinata grins and eagerly takes a seat. "Thank you! This looks amazing!"

She smiles sweetly at him before raising an eyebrow. "Are you wearing Tobio's clothes?"

This time Hinata blushes and Kageyama finds himself staring at those red cheeks despite the fact he's seen Hinata blush before. 

"Y-Yeah. I didn't have anything so..." He tugs on the top slightly and Kageyama finds his eyes travelling over Hinata.

He looks really, really good in Kageyama's top. Kageyama inhales sharply before quickly sitting down besides Hinata and not looking at him any more. Hinata doesn't seem to notice his odd behaviour, thankfully, and just continues to converse with his grandmother about clothes. 

His parents soon join them and Kageyama blushes deeply when his mother winks at him and he shakes his head at her after making sure no one was paying attention. He tilts her head to the side and he quickly points to Hinata and then himself and shakes his head.

She seems to get the message because her mouth makes a small 'o' shape before she nods.

After eating, the two change into their swimming costumes to head back out on to the beach but before Kageyama leaves, his mother pulls him aside to confirm it and Kageyama walks out to meet Hinata outside with bright red cheeks, unable to believe that his mother said it was a shame because they "looked so cute together". She said it with a pout as well!

"Kageyama! Let's go look for caves!" Hinata practically squeals, pointing eagerly out to the sea.

Kageyama sighs, knowing that it's going to be a long day.