T W E N T Y - O N E

[ Chapter Twenty One—the werewolf ]

☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽

"Tahiti?" Felix suggested.

Both he and Demetri were crouched as was I. I was currently "werewolfed" out with my teeth on full display, hair wild, and eyes glowing. Hell, even my nails had turned into sharp claws. And my mind is rather jumbled at the moment — all I know is that I am ready to bite the heads off these crackers.

"You read my mind," Demetri nodded in approval at his best friend's words.

With that, I lunged at the two who immediately started screaming and releasing war cries.

"AHHHHHHH!"

There is no hesitation in the way that my claws swipe at them — their yelps and screams of pain echoing the room as we fight.

"Holy shit!" Demetri cries as I backflip, my foot sending him flying into the wall.

As soon as I land, I dodge out of the way of an attack that Felix attempts to do from behind me. He stumbles forward at super speed and I use his own momentum against him. Jumping in the air I literally drop-kick him into Demetri, the former groaning as the huge vampire lands on him.

I await them from my spot.

"Does she seem much stronger than usual to you?" Demetri asks Felix as they both stand with a groan.

Felix nods his head, "yep," he says before charging at me with a ferocious growl of his own.

I stand still until he is centimeters away. I sidestep at a speed that would be impossible without the magic of the impending full moon to aid my abilities. Felix yells as his own momentum is used against him, the guy accidentally launching himself to the side of the room.

"Stop attacking like a buffoon!" Demetri does not hesitate to hassle the poor guy.

With that, he is suddenly in front of me throwing a punch. Surprisingly it lands, but I do not waver and throw a punch to his balls. Demetri cries out in pain but is unable to even fall down as I waste no time in taking him by his arm to chuck him over my body.

At that moment the door opens and Caius comes storming in.

"What is the meaning of this—!?" He is cut off by a screaming Demetri as the vampire guard goes flying toward his master.

Caius's eyes widen, the blond vampire dodging out of the way as Demetri is tossed out of the room.

His head snaps around to face me with a sneer and I only roar in response no doubt looking feral with my wolfed-out face.

"Out," it is barely a whisper on Caius's part, and yet Felix hears it perfectly and does not hesitate in racing out of the room while closing the door behind him for good measure.