N I N E.

[ Chapter Nine—italy ]

–––––

The flight to Italy was long, but thankfully it was red-eye so I was able to sleep through most of it. It was entertaining watching the Cullen's on the plane.

The flight had rows of three making the arrangements Bella, Edward, and I in one row and Carlisle, Alice, and Jasper in the row behind us. In my row, Edward had taken the window seat, Bella was in the middle, and I was booted to the horrid aisle seat.

Though I wanted the window, Edward quipped that I was the only one out of us all who would need to use the restroom and that he did not feel like getting up every time I had to go. I flipped him off at that but sat in the aisle seat without further argument.

Bella was reading for the duration of the flight, Edward pretended to sleep (but we all knew he was really just reading people's minds), Jasper was sitting looking like someone had a gun to his head, Carlisle—alike to Bella—was reading, and finally, Alice was trying to find potential outcomes to Italy.

So far, she had shared none with any us, something that put us all on edge.

As Bella said before, when Alice was not keen on sharing the future, it meant one of two things. It was either really good or really bad.

Once we landed, I won't lie, I was not all that impressed with Italy. Sure, it was beautiful, but it was no more beautiful than Arizona during the fall. I was not sure what I was expecting—maybe for Italy to look as all those overdramatic people described—but nevertheless I was left disappointed.

We rented two cars (well, I'm pretty positive Alice and Edward stole them, but I won't mention that to Carlisle) it was Edward, Bella, and I in one while Jasper, Alice, and Carlisle following.

Looking behind me, I could see it was Alice driving the other car and if I did not know any better I would swear she and Edward were trying to have a street race. Both were definitely flying over the speed limit.

"Alice and Edward," my sensitive hearing easily picked up Carlisle's voice from the car behind us, "slow down."

Other things such as random snippets of conversations, car engines, and the sort were things I had grown accustomed to ignoring.

Edward, in response to Carlisle, only sped up. Alice, seemingly in response to Edward, (and probably not wanting to lose their silent race) sped up as well. I heard Carlisle groan from the car behind us, but he did not say anything as it was Kate and Garrett's lives on the line.

Some Lizzo song was playing softly in the background, myself taking to scrolling through Instagram. It may have been slightly cold, but unlike the others, I was not anxious. I had never met Garrett or Kate so the situation was not nearly as stressful to me.