N I N E T E E N.

[ Chapter Nineteen—raw meat ]

———————

I was not sure where I was. It was dark and it was cold. But then it was here, this bright big mystical light. It shined rays of blue down, lighting up the forest around. Finally, the lights fell on me, lighting up my own body for my very own eyes to witness.

Except... it was not my body. Or at least the body I normally possessed.

Dark fur, near-black in color was coated with red blood. Huge paws, bigger than any I ever thought possible were what I stood on. I was a huge daunting wolf and I was covered in blood.

I could not get away from it, it was everywhere — it was drowning me. I was drowning in blood.

But then there was his face, smiling down at me. There were no butterflies like there used to be, no feelings of affection, and definitely no love. This was pure unbridled hate that consumed me, it was hate far stronger than I had ever felt before.

I hated Carter Valenzuela so much and his face smiling down at me made me want to do nothing more than rip his head off. With that thought, I lunged...

————

I awoke with a loud scream, practically jumping from the sheets and landing on my knees. My body bounced upon landing on the soft bed. It was dark but not in the same way as the dream. It was familiar, I was still in the room in the castle on the bed.

Despite the dark, I could still see perfectly clear. It was an odd sensation with it being dark but still being able to see as though it were mid-day.

I smelled him before I saw him, my head snapping to the front where Caius stood blankly. His face was void of all emotion, the King looking just as imposing as ever.

It was no doubt incredibly late or early morning but Caius was still dressed as though it were any other time of the day. A pressed black suit and sleek shiny dress shoes.

Did this guy ever wear anything else? Maybe Caius could try not dressing like he was some sort of mega-billionaire CEO. We both knew the only mega that he was is mega-old.

"What the fuck?" I hissed in a groggy tone, "why the hell are you in here? Decided you've had enough of me yet?" I dramatically fell back against the bed, curling in a ball and snuggling into my pillow.

There was nothing in response so I cracked a single eye open to confirm that Caius was still in the room. He stood there staring at me harshly, his red eyes flickering to various places on my body.

"What were you dreaming of that distressed you so greatly?" Caius finally ground, his silk tone holding every amount of anger that it always did.

"You naked," I immediately quipped, a sarcastic smile on my face as Caius growled lowly.