Chapter 1

|Sheza|

|Sheza|

"Sheza!"

"Sheza!"

"SHEZA!"

Shoutings were heard in the background and a small petite girl was wiping the floor with wet clothe, she looked miserable, with her thin figure, pale cheeks, and dark circles under Big Bambi's eyes, which hold fear and dread.

She looked up at the first floor and attempted to stand upon her trembling feet but fell miserably on the wet floor.

Sheza hissed in agony, again tried and succeeded. She stood up and turned her heels toward the stairs and climb upstairs.

She stood in front of a pink-coloured door and knocked softly on the door and a screeching high-pitched voice said

"Come in,"

She went inside and saw her elder sister, Sara standing in front of her closet with her hand on her waist with one eyebrow.

"Why my clothes aren't ironed, huh, isn't your duty to wash, dry and iron them,"

Sheza flinched from her vicious and venom-spitting tone, her Big Bambi eyes filled with tears and she muttered in a low descendant voice.

"Maf kare bibi, agay se na hoga,"

(forgive me, mistress, I will not repeat it)

Sara mumbled some words under her stinky breath, tossed her clothes on Sheza's face and said in a fierce voice.

"Go and iron them properly, it should be complete till I came back from the shower,"

Sheza nodded and bend down to pick up the clothes and exited the room. She ironed them and put the clothes back in her room and went to make breakfast.

It was her daily routine, her sister would shout at her because of her clumsy nature, and she sometimes forgot to do things and get scolded for her doings. She didn't do anything knowingly, it happened because she had so many duties on her small shoulders, which should have been followed strictly, or else she would get nicely from her Mother.

After ironing the clothes, she went downstairs, washed her hands, said Bismillah and started preparing for breakfast.

After making breakfast, she opened the lower cabinet of the counter and took out a plastic mat called a food mat and put it on the table, afterwards served the food on it.

Then, she took off to call her mother, who used to stay on her balcony in the morning doing meditation, even though she looked ugly still she meditated.

"Malkin,"

The 'Malkin' opened her eyes and her calm face in a snarling face, eyebrows frowned causing wrinkles physique on her face making herself look like an old woman.

"What," she spat harshly resulting, in the frail girl flinching at her harsh tone. She looked down with teary eyes and muttered

"V-vo, nashtay ke liye bulane aayi t-hi," 
(Actually, I came here to call you for breakfast)

She nodded and Sheza went from there with tears flowing from her eyes, she felt so miserable when she did partiality between her and her elder sister Sara.

This is her life, filled with immense sadness and gloominess, she only finds satisfaction and happiness in her Allah, she always prays that we call 'Salah' and recite the Quran, the holiest book.

But, somewhere she craves motherly love, fatherly warmth, sisterly peace and joy.

She always prays Salah and reads the Quran for peace of the house, as nobody prays Salah in the house.

Quran and Salah gave her feelings that can never be told, and though she always prays for forgiveness still Allah is abrupt toward her, she always asks the same question from Allah "When her parents will give her the love that she craves".

Yet she is thankful for the shelter, food, and clothes everything she has, she prays for the best for her family.

She would never get angry with her Almighty, she would think that maybe this is a test from Allah, from which he would know her.

She would cry for forgiveness, one thing about her mother is very good about her that she never quelled her to pray to Salah and read Quran.

But everything we see is not the reality.

She is a broken girl with lots of insecurities in her head about her appearance, face, body and lastly about her skin tone which is slightly tanned, she is beautiful in her own way but her insecurities jump in n between her and her thoughts and change her whole introspect.

She feels that her colour is the darkest, she would fondly admire her sister's colour which was fair.

Sometimes her sweet mother would taunt her and curse her badly for having her as her daughter which was truly resentful of her.

But she never complains to her Allah and immerses the pain and agony in her heart.
As it said in the Quran, 10:65,

وَلَا یَحۡزُنكَ قَوۡلُهُمۡۘ إِنَّ ٱلۡعِزَّةَ لِلَّهِ جَمِیعًاۚ هُوَ ٱلسَّمِیعُ ٱلۡعَلِیمُ
"Dont let their words sadden you"

Allah knows best. Maybe someone in her destiny could save her from her family and her insecurities.

 Maybe someone in her destiny could save her from her family and her insecurities

-------------------------------
Vote and comment🌸