Chapter 3

|Abandoned|

|Abandoned|

"Rubina!"

"Rubina!"

Sheza came out of her room hearing her father's commotions, she came into the small living room of their house and saw her father-Kabir Khan stood with his back against the couch, his chest heaving as he panted heavily. One hand sought support from the couch's armrest, his fingers gripping it tightly, while the other rested on his chest, directly over where his heart was located. Beads of perspiration glistened on his forehead. His breaths were ragged, echoing the stormy journey that his heart had undergone with panic.

"A-abba, what happened," asked Sheza fearfully and timidly as she was very much afraid of her father.

"C-call-" his breadth was cut off by heavy coughing and itchy ness in his throat, Sheza's eyes widened and ran toward the kitchen filled with a glass of water came back to the living room and As she entered the room, she saw her mother tenderly assisting her father to sit down. Her mother's gentle support was evident in the careful way she held his arm, guiding him to the chair. Her father's persistent coughing was a harsh backdrop to this scene, filling the room with loud, rasping sound.

Rubina looked at Sheza who was frozen on the door frame of the living room with a glass of water, she felt so much anger bubbling inside her and then she spits malicious words dragged toward her.

"ARE YOU GOING TO STAND THERE AND WATCH OUR FACES? huh!"

Sheza's delicate body flinched badly and walked toward them with shaky and timid steps while reading some word

"auzubillahi minash shaitan nir Raheem"

(: I Seek Refuge with Allah from the Accursed Shaitan.)

And silently blew the air in the glass after reading those words and gave the glass to her father.

Who took it very harshly from her and drank it in one gulp, she walked away from there to her room.

Kabir looked at his wife after feeling the water go through his food pipe, refreshing his itchy and dried throat and then he remembered the reason for his panic state and looked at her with panicked eyes and said in a hurried tone.

"Go and pack your and Sara's luggage, we are leaving from here, go,"

"What about that bitch," Rubina cursed.

"We don't need her, we can leave her here, now go!" Rubina rushed from there and went toward her room took out a big suitcase case packed her and Kabir's clothes and went toward her careless daughter- Sara's room, she was listening to music without any care about the damn world.

Rubina rushed to her closet and packed her clothes in a suitcase, held her hand and dragged her downstairs.

"Ma, what are doing, where are you taking mah bag," Sara asked annoyedly and yanked her hand from Rubina's hold and walked by herself.