Chapter 8

|Vulnerable|

|Vulnerable|

She was sobbing, when a hand with a handkerchief came toward her, Sheza looked at the hand and then the owner and it was Saad, she stared at him with her wide Bambi teary eyes, even though he had a cold facade on, but inside he was squealing like a teenage girl, who just saw a cute bunny, he cooed at the bright pink face with a little red button nose and red cherry lip that was in a dark shade of red due constant nibbling, her chubby cheek, was in a red hue.

Sheza took the handkerchief from him quickly, like a bunny taking a carrot. Saad unknowingly let out a chuckle, she looked at him with confusion, and his eyes widened and let out a fake cough.

"A-are you okay,"

Saad responded by inclining his head in agreement while letting out a low, resonant voice that carried a sense of conviction.

"Come with me,"

As he strolled along, Sheza followed like a curious kitten, her mind dancing with questions. She longed to ask the towering Saad, but her shyness held her back. Yet, with a determined bounce in her step, she skipped over and caught up to him, like a fluffy bunny on a mission, despite Saad being engrossed in his phone, unaware of her adorable bravery.

Sheza observed his sidelong glance, which cut through the air like a razor, a commanding and determined gaze that left an indelible mark on anyone who dared meet its piercing intensity

"State the matter, pigeon,"

Sheza looked at him with widening eyes and mouth apart and hand on the mouth. Saad looked at her with an evil smirk.

"Say, little pigeon,"

"A... What is your n-name?" Sheza looked at him with wide bambi eyes. But, got frightened, when she saw his green eyes darkened by the statement,
It scared her more when she saw him slowly start moving toward her and she slowly stepped backwards at last, her back hit the wall, and her mind knew that she was stuck.

He advanced towards her, bridging the space until there were only a precious few inches of separation remaining. Saad peered down at the timid little kitten, now appearing even tinier sandwiched between his imposing presence and the unyielding wall.

Sheza gazed up at him with eyes filled with trepidation, her apprehension reflected in her quivering irises.

Suddenly, she sensed firm, powerful hands encircle her waist, their sheer size and the prominent veins coursing through them making her feel captive beneath the dominance of his grasp. It was as if she had stumbled into the embrace of an immovable oak tree, at the mercy of his strength.

Then, she felt herself being lifted from the ground, and a curious impulse urged her to glance downward. But just as she began to lower her gaze, the sound of his low, commanding growl sent a shiver through her, freezing her in place.